Pine again!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul.J

Established Member
Reaction score
Well after me turning a piece of Pine the other day and saying that i won't go rushing to turn more Pine,my brother,who wants 2 table lamps turned saw the Pine goblet that i turned and now wants his table lamps to be in Pine :shock: :shock: possibly stained.
I can't complain too much because as some of you know we went to Woodex yesterday and i told him,well showed him what i needed to do his lamps,namely a long hole boring kit,auger,etc.
So after seeing the prices he offered to go half with the bits and pieces and for me to do the lamps for free,which i was going to do anyway but didn't tell him this. :roll:
So i will now be starting those soon :D
Paul.J.

Pine's not that bad,Paul - it's readily available in a good selection of sizes,and sands well.It's only the knots and resin that let it down a bit.. :wink:
Some work-in-progress pictures of the hole boring would be great if you get chance (never tried it,so it would be nice to see it done)

Good luck with it.

Andrew

Powertool wrote
Some work-in-progress pictures of the hole boring would be great if you get chance (never tried it,so it would be nice to see it done)
WYBI wrote
here's an idea, why not take fotos of each step as you do it then do a "how to" thread... just an idea
Great minds think alike :wink:

O.K will do.Never done this before either,not since i was at school.
Been looking on the net for how to's but can't find anything. :roll:
I will just have to copy Keith Rowleys how to :D
Still got a load of green turning blanks to do yet though,for the meths.
Keep you posted.
Paul.J.

Back