pillar drill

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steamboat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Can someone suggest a pillar/worktop drill. That could double up as an occasional mortise or is this not really practical. What should I consider when thinking about the drill?

Many thanks

Hi, I was in the same state before Christmas and spent hours searching the web, I was price driven and not particularly bothered by the make and I always seeme to arrive back at the Axminster site, I ended up getting a small drill as I won't be using it for morticng ( I was just in time really as they have now gone up by nearly 20 squids. The one that will do motices is the Axminster WD16B Pillar Drill although it seems you will have to purchase the attachment separately. Have used mine a few times already and it seems very sturdy and very made for the price I paid

thank for the reply. I am the same with ending back at Axminster, I was told the morticing attachement dosnt fit the WD16A so I will have to find one that dose or drill out the mortice with a drill bit and tidy it up after, no bid deal realy.

all the best

Latest posts

Back