Pillar Drill snatching wood.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
memzey":10xhpbfy said:
I think the opening poster is the only one that has responded so far in this thread with the snatching problem.

I'm starting to think the OP is the only one using a 10mm drill in oak that isn't even being hand held, let alone clamped.

BugBear

bugbear":317bbafg said:
memzey":317bbafg said:
I think the opening poster is the only one that has responded so far in this thread with the snatching problem.

I'm starting to think the OP is the only one using a 10mm drill in oak that isn't even being hand held, let alone clamped.

BugBear

As stated I was holding it and it still spun round and clobbered my thumb. :wink:

I will try and make a bracket like stated above. I tried loosening the belt on the pillar drill. That seems to help too.

Thanks for help everyone.

Toecutter":1u7enjam said:
bugbear":1u7enjam said:
memzey":1u7enjam said:

BugBear

As stated I was holding it and it still spun round and clobbered my thumb. :wink:

I will try and make a bracket like stated above. I tried loosening the belt on the pillar drill. That seems to help too.

Thanks for help everyone.
Why don't you post a couple of photos of your setup ready to drill and you'll get a lot more help. It's difficult to respond properly when we don't know exactly what you're doing. Personally, loosening the drive belt is not a solution I would be trying. :?

Whereabouts do you live? Maybe someone is near enough to help. I'm in Northumberland.

Bob

Back