Picture invalid

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lumberman

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just tried to upload a picture, but keep getting a message saying the file is invalid. Can anyone tell me
what I am doing wrong. The picture has been down sized.

Harry

Can I post images?
Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode tag.[/quote]

Apart from the above some boards don't allow images until the member has posted a certain number of times. I don't know if that applies here.

[color=#BF0000]Mod edit: To clarify,

Direct Url links to a recocognized image file type are not allowed until a member has completed a few posts (anti spam) but images of 256kb file size and under can be attached directly from a users computer from initial post. CHJ[/color]

Thank you for your advice have tried the link you suggested but no luck, I guess I will have to wait until I have made more posts. But i'm beginning to wonder by the abscence of pictures on the forum if other members are having difficulty.

Harry.

Are you trying to upload an attachment?

If so,
What is the File size, is it less than 256kb.
What is the Pixel size, anything 1024 pixels or less should be fine.

You have e-mail

Lumberman":3ccexrce said:
I have just tried to upload a picture, but keep getting a message saying the file is invalid. Can anyone tell me
what I am doing wrong. The picture has been down sized.

Harry
Hi Harry, If you would like to send it to me I will upload it for you

Hi Mick! Thanks for the offer will try one more time. if it doesn't work I will take you up on your offer
, will try reducing the size even more.

Harry.

Back