Picture framing beginner

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fraser

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
Could anyone please recommend a book or some information on the net about picture framing. Looking for the best ways to rebate the glass, picture, card and backing piece in, etc etc, to a professional standard. Also best ways of hanging, so hardware also.
Many thanks

I have:-
Matting and Framing Made Easy by Janean Thompson
Picture Framing (A practical guide from basic to baroque) by Desmond MacNamara

Try your local library, I found these in mine before I bought them.

Brian

YES This author was recommended to me by a tutor on a course I took some years ago. The only caveat is that it focuses to some degree on the artistic side. But for £2 you can't lose.

Brian

Another vote for www.theframersforum.com they are an exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable group.

One other thing, I'm in the process of moving me and my workshop from London to Lymington, just across the Solent from you, I'll be up an running from the beginning of January. If you get serious about framing you'll probably find yourself in Lymington anyway visiting Wessex Framing, the framing supplies wholesaler.

I've a Morso, underpinner, Keencut mountcutter etc. and if you want to try any of them out then feel free to PM me.

All the best

Back