Photobucket

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalboy

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had a e mail from Photobucket saying that if you want to use their service to post images to forums you now have to pay $399.99 a year to be able to post to 3rd party sites in other words forums. I went to their site and there is a notice saying that their terms and conditions have changed.
I have also noticed that photo's have now not shown up on forums. The ones that are still left are from a second account that I set up by mistake but the notice is also on that one.

Derek, there is another thread running on the subject. photo-hosting-site-t106334.html

As a temporary measure try just putting the url up for folks to click on.

Original:-
Code:
[img]http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww21/diggerdelaney/Turning%202/DSCF7459_zpsetwiuzxu.jpg[/img]
Result:-
DSCF7459_zpsetwiuzxu.jpg

Poor mans Link:-
Code:
[url=http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww21/diggerdelaney/Turning%202/DSCF7459_zpsetwiuzxu.jpg]Yew Bowl[/url]
Result:-
Yew Bowl

Chas, I know your workaround was ok earlier, but it fails now.
Probably the effect of different PB servers getting into synch with each other.

Sorry!

AndyT":1bku1hug said:
Chas, I know your workaround was ok earlier, but it fails now.
Probably the effect of different PB servers getting into synch with each other.

Sorry!
Still works for me but with a load of annoying pop up advert windows.

I wonder how many of us have ever bought something advertised on a pop-up ad?
Why do so many vendors fall for them?

It would appear that right clicking any of the blocked image links and selecting 'open in new window, or 'open in new tab'
will take you to the original site, albeit with annoying advert windows which you have to click through before they will close.

donwatson":2al0udh5 said:
Chas,
That is one cracker of a Yew Bowl.

Don W
Not one of mine Don. it is the product of Derek's (Dalboy) efforts.

He has a habit of professing to have limited time in the shed and then just pops the odd little creation up to put us all to shame.

So annoyed. Just about all my early scrollsaw work was hosted on Photobucket and now the links to this forum don't work. Grrrrrrr.

Brentingby":25gr4wdv said:
Have a look at Flickr. Much better in my opinion than Photobucket.
+ 1

I have never used PB for my own pictures, but have used it to look at others. Persoanlly I think Flickr has always looked a lot more professional and neat than PB, which is one of the reasons I choose to use it for forum posting etc...

+ 1 for flickr.

Also, if any of ye have your own website, upload them there then hotlink them to here. Even a free hosting website would (should) work. I used upload all my match photos to a free photo hosting site here in Ireland. Years of photos. Few years ago, my one and only backup drive failed. Not too bad, at least I'd thousands of the match photos on the free site. Year or 2 ago, that site went bust, lost everything. Fortunately I'd changed my backup strategy around 2012, so I've only lost stuff previous to that, about 5 years of photos. Hard lesson learned.

Strange this, as I can still link, and links in old posts on other forums still seem to work.

For one-off posts, I use tinypic or postimage, which is also strange as postimage is run by photobucket: https://postimages.org

AndyT":18m5n0q8 said:
I wonder how many of us have ever bought something advertised on a pop-up ad?
Why do so many vendors fall for them?

Maybe not you, but enough people do click through (tho it is a very small rate) that it's worth doing. It's very cheap to do so, so even if you only get 1 in 100 thousand, it's worth doing.

My other forum is hosted on Forumotion, and uses servimg.com to host images. It seems to work, and I think I can put pictures hosted there into a post on here. Could be an option. Even an Ad-free option I think.

geoffshep":1pnkx466 said:
Strange this, as I can still link, and links in old posts on other forums still seem to work.

For one-off posts, I use tinypic or postimage, which is also strange as postimage is run by photobucket: https://postimages.org

I think you will find tinypic is also run by photobucket but I really don't think postimage is one of theirs.

Back