Photobucket

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh well, I spoke too soon, so photo bucket can stuff it as far as I am concerned. If they had given notice of the intention it may have been different?

I have just tried to email a p/bucket link to myself and when I clicked on the link I had sent it told me that the page doesn't exist, so not only are they screwing what they call 3rd part hosts, but everything! I also tried to open another photo in my bucket and that isn't allowed either, so they have totally locked all of my photos with them!

If I were to say what I really feel this post would be a screen full of 'pineapples'!

Not too sure that I ain't going mad here, but I just tried posting this on another forum to tell why all the PB photos have gone and I used the 1st photo that came to hand. This was the result

"Some of you may have noticed if you use photobucket that the photos posted have been replaced with

The cowpat brained idiots have decided that unless you pay either $40/month or $400/year you can't post photos from them on 3rd party hosting sites, which is what forums are considered to be. That goes for blogs, fleabay and a load of other places.

from what I have read from enraged people on a load of forums they may well have hot themselves in the head and I for one sincerly hope that they have!

So sorry folks, all of my photos have now changed to a demand for money from a load of idiots. If they had tried a much less exobitant price they would have made brazillians from it, but the general opinon around the forums is that they are going to move away from PB."

The PB photo popped up and not their demand for cash?

edit : - OK, now I know that I'm going bananas. When I posted this the photo came up. A few minutes later I did a refresh of the screen and it has now posted their demand for cash!

They have just got round to me.

I guess they will hit everyone sooner or later.

Pete

I have heard of a possible way round the pb situation

Maybe someone would like to try it? I don't have a pb account

Put ~original immediately after .jpg in your link
Eg:
"http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/rest of photobucket account details in url/imagename.jpg~original"

If it works you could then save the page as a backup?

Obviously the url above is made up to give you an example

Edit: just tried it.

Jonzjob's missing image from further up this page

Curtain%20pole%206_zpsb4oiwrx1.jpg~original

Photobucket use a number of servers and this mod works on some but not others but it is worth a try.
There are also addins to put in your browser that make most pb images visible to readers.
It's all out there if you look.

A fix!

Found this on another forum.

If you're using Google Chrome, go to the three dots on the right side of the screen and click them. A drop down should appear. Hover your mouse over "More Tools," and when the next drop down appears, click on extensions. Go to the link towards the bottom that says "Get more extensions." In the search box, type "Photobucket Fix," and hit enter. Click the install button and once it's done, you should be able to see photobucket pictures again.

For FireFox users, click on the three bars on the right side of the screen, then click on add ons. Click search for "photobucket hotlink" and click install. Same result.

It works for me on firefox.

Pete

Latest posts

Back