Philly quote:-have taken the plunge and gone self-employed!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you all for the well wishes!! :oops: :D
I actually started at the beginning of April, which is why my woodwork project output has dropped :lol:
But with a few months under my belt I feel a lot more confident.
Best regards
Phil :D

Philly.
Nice move! All the very best in the new venture.
My best wishes for a busy and lucrative future.

SF

I am sure you will do very well. Good luck old boy.

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but it is good advice to get the best local accountant to guide and support you with bookeeping, VAT, tax etc.

Cheers, Esc.

Escudo":3cjshzgo said:
I am sure you will do very well. Good luck old boy.

Not wishing to blow my own trumpet, but it is good advice to get the best local accountant to guide and support you with bookeeping, VAT, tax etc.

Cheers, Esc.

Good advice, you need to get to grips with the paperwork right from the start.

Phil if you haven't already got one you need to get an accountant lined up to find out which accounts package they want you to use (usually either Sage or Quickbooks, I use Quickbooks). Keep on top of it because it's a pain especially if it builds up.

Dom, that's what I was doing at 4 in the morning :roll:

Keith

Best of luck Philly, if you have the success that self employed members of our family have you will be looking to offload some of the work before long, getting someone to your standards is the main problem then.

As already mentioned a good business accountant is worth their weight in gold, it's not unknown to live well and the taxman to be paying you on the odd occasion.

senior":368z0lkz said:
as Dom says...... if you get the right clients they actually are quite proud of how much they have paid.

Especially when you do them a good, 'vat-free' deal! 8)

Best o' luck Philly.
John

CHJ":11riguzt said:
As already mentioned a good business accountant is worth their weight in gold, it's not unknown to live well and the taxman to be paying you on the odd occasion.

This is true. I have a nice cheque from the taxman waiting at home for the princely sum of £1.76 for me to cash.

Hope you do well in your new venture Philly.

Back