Perspex or the like for spa room

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JFC

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been thinking about building a shed for my spa / hot tub and all these shed building threads got me up bright and early this morning to get it done .
30112006238.jpg

I want the outside feel but need to take the chill off in the cold evenings so im going to deck around the bushes inside the shed and clad up to 900mm high (where the noggings are) and i want glass / perspex up to the roof height . The roof will be polycarbonate as this is lightweight , lets the sun in and gets the room nice and hot . I also want to deck around the spa that is 700mm high only leaving 200mm to the window height and with a wet floor and more than likely a few beers downed i think glass is a no no !
Does anyone know of a supplier of perspex cheaper than the £15.99 per 1800mm x 700mm from wicks or another option ?
Heres a link to one of the spas on ebay , its an inflatable one and its brilliant ! Ok its not a real hot tub but its the next best thing and can be packed away if its not getting used .
Im trying to build the shed so if the spa isnt there its also a good potting shed / greenhouse .ebay link

jason what about those guys who advertise on the shopping channels
something like plastic supplies. they advertise with a
delightful blonde, in a stills advert and claim their discounts
are great. mind you shows how good the advert was i don't know
their name??????

will check the net
paul :wink:

Thanks Paul . Next time your over dont forget your swimming trunks :lol:

jfc
could you use the same material , polycarb, for the side windows as well as the roof . ???
this would give some degree of privacy as well
it comes in different colour tints as well
so you could use say brown/bronze tint for the roof and clear for the side windows
you can afford to do it like this as you've saved a fortune on your spa :D :lol: :wink:
mel

Hi JFc
There is a place near me that is cheaper than wickes and I will try to find they cataloge tomorrow :)

Thanks Colin if you could dig it out that would be very helpful .
I was thinking of doing that Mel but i want to be able to see down the garden as this shed is half way between the house and the workshop making the garden look small . It would be good for keeping the heat in and prying eyes out but i was thinking of putting blinds up to do that .

jason, thanks for the invite, not sure i am brave enough to show
myself in swimmies these days :lol:

try ca though looks interesting for other plastic building products

what ??? :roll:
look i am a white englishman who does not do too much outside
site work, so i don't put my legs on show too often, might frighten the
horses :lol:

must think about wearing a tie again, and not round my waist???? :twisted:

but thanks for the offer will think of a suitable alternative.

JFC - Screwfix do packs of polycarb sheeting, perhaps that would be suitable?

If it helps, i'm buying all my polycarb for my windows from wickes - seems to be the best price - I don't need all the sheets that screwfix sell in their packs, hence me going to wickes.

JFC

You seem to be in luck as I have just had a quick look and found it :D :shock: :roll: .

Polyplastics Centre Ltd
Unit B2-B3
Valleylink Estate
Meridian way
Ponders end
Enfield
Middx
EN3 4TY
No 020 8805 0550
I dont think they have a web site
I hope this helps :wink:

Try Haymar acrylics in Hackney,Don't have the address to hand.
I use them and they will joint or bend the perspex to your spec.

Dom

I had a reminder today about the spa room , im afraid its not going to well as when i start working on it in my spare time i think sod this and get in it :lol: Ive done the important bits , drying off floor space and a beer shelf , i just need to finish the roof and walls :roll:
17122006248.jpg

winters on its way jason
best get a move on
only 67 shopping days to christmas :shock:
mel

Latest posts

Back