Pencil bench

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

martinka

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought this was cute so I had to make one, but I didn't have enough pencils to show it off properly. Ideal for kid's coloured pencils.

Attachments

• IMG_4250s.jpg
    IMG_4250s.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,672
Martin.

That is a good decretive desk item, with a practical use. Could be used on an office desk as well as being a pencel holder for children.

Is it a Steve Good, pattern.

Take Care.

Chris R.

That is a fun item Martin where did you find the pattern I have 3 grand children who would love 1 of these each.

That is lovely Martin. It has tons of appeal and I am sure it would sell very well as it is so unusual. If you made a load of those and came to one of my craft fairs you would sell loads of them.

martinka":n526i5wt said:
I thought this was cute so I had to make one, but I didn't have enough pencils to show it off properly. Ideal for kid's coloured pencils.

That's a brilliant design and project. Well done. If you have working details I would be pleased to pay postage or could let you have e-mail address.

Alex

stevebuk":3f4bb3hj said:
got mine, thank you martin..

what is the site, a woodworking one?

The main site is called VK and used to be called VKontakte. It's a Russian Facebook type of place. I keep in touch with a few old ICQ friends on there and I joined a couple of scroll saw communities. Can't understand the language, but photos and patterns work in any language. :)

stevebuk":6j322km8 said:
got mine, thank you martin..
what is the site, a woodworking one?

They say ....
VK is the largest European social network with more than a 100 million active users.

...... and the chair is one of the best small items I've seen for a long while :)

mac1012":1481acfv said:
looks nice I like it what diameter hole is it and what thickness birch ply 6mm ?
mark
Rather depends what size you print it out. Just measure the seat and back tabs thickness and holes on your printout or adjust the size of the printout slightly to whatever suits you best. Anyway, that's what I'd do. :)

(Just measured a few pencils and 7.5mm for the holes seems about the minimum for the holes).

Back