pen turning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markthomas63

Reaction score
Hi i am new to wood turnig in the last four months i have bought four different lathes and about five tea chests of tools jigs and all maner of other things all i wNted was to turn a few pens.any help wiil be greatfully received

Hi mark and welcome well hopefully you have a pen mandrel in all them boxes if not you need to get one and a 7mm pen blank trimmer I think there called go online and get some 7mm pen kits and the spacers for the kit you just bought I find the stream line kit are good oh and a 7mm lip and spur drill bit this forum is great the knowledge base on here is immense YouTube is how I learned and with the help from all the folks

I think the best thing to do is lay out all the bits and find what you have to start with.

Take some pictures of these and also the lathes post them here and if there is something you are not sure what it is we can tell you. It will also show us what you may need to buy as there is no point going out and doubling up on what you may already have.

We also will be able to see which of the lathes is most suitable for your needs

Tazmaniandevil":aq4qch33 said:
Not giving them my card/paypal details for a free DVD

I've just applied, ticked "mastercard" box and completed order without them asking for card info. They've emailed confirmation as well so will wait to see if it arrives.

Bob
PS, Thanks for the link Nev. =D>

Hi Mark

Apart from the helpful advice you'll get on here, try http://www.penturners.co.uk/. They are a great bunch and you'll find all the info you need.

Be warned. Pen turning is addictive. I bought my little jet lathe a few months ago and I'm well and truly hooked.

Bob

Lons":1v5df49i said:
Hi Mark

Apart from the helpful advice you'll get on here, try http://www.penturners.co.uk/. They are a great bunch and you'll find all the info you need.

Be warned. Pen turning is addictive. I bought my little jet lathe a few months ago and I'm well and truly hooked.

Bob

I don't know about that Bob they are all mad over there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lons":3kuxf1zp said:
Tazmaniandevil":3kuxf1zp said:
Not giving them my card/paypal details for a free DVD

I've just applied, ticked "mastercard" box and completed order without them asking for card info. They've emailed confirmation as well so will wait to see if it arrives.

Bob
PS, Thanks for the link Nev. =D>

Cheers Lons, I was reluctant to continue with my order but have just followed it through like you say they did not ask for card details and I got an email confirmation back straight away.

Vic

markthomas63":1qobhdjn said:
Hi i am new to wood turnig in the last four months i have bought four different lathes and about five tea chests of tools jigs and all maner of other things all i wNted was to turn a few pens.any help wiil be greatfully received
Hi Mark
I am just down the road from you in Swansea , welcome to the forum, if you need any help just PM me,
I like you started a year and a half ago just making pens and now i have to move because i need a bigger workshop/garage to accomadate all my tools and timber.
be warned , it is very addictive
john

Teepeg":1dfpvp3s said:
Maybe it was a way of building up their mailing list ??
Of course it is, but that's why I have more than one email address.
They can send as much junk mail as they want through the post - it might even be interesting reading.

:D :D :D

Latest posts

Back