Pen kits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elaine

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just made sierra click pen. I gave it to the person this Thursday and the ink has run out today, Sunday. Is that normal? They have written about 10 pages of A4.
Anyone else had this experience.
Cheers
Elaine

Sounds like a short life to me. Presuming you used a new refill when assembling the pen... maybe it was just one of those occasional things.

It was a new refill that came with the kit. I have emailed turners retreat where I got it from, they are helpful and the kits arrived the next day. Just disappointed with the length of use of the refill. If I was to sell them I am sure customers would be rightly unhappy.

I'm sure someone who's made those kits will confirm that this is a pretty unusual one. It might be worth sourcing some extra refills to have in case this happens again? I found some on the eBay quite inexpensively.

It should not have run out in that short time, it may have been an incorrectly filled pen from new, I have had the same happen on very rare occasions.

Vic

Usually most pen kits come with cheap no name refills which are more than usuable but not the best of quality. I like to replace them with named refills if theyre a gift for someone, like Cross or Parker (WHSmiths are sometimes most reasonable for prices)

Cheers nev. I can see that they are a generic refill. I will go and get some from wh smiths.

Back