Painted shaker kitchen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deansocial":3vkz7k9w said:
both look equally fake and too perfect

I don't think folk paying fortunes for their hand built cars (there must be a few makers left) would accept a hand painted finish.

Ultimately it's whatever the maker wants to do and/or what the client is willing to pay for or specs. It's a bit like saying machine made (or jig made) dovetails are inferior to handmade ones (not that you are).

Dibs-h":362yu3rt said:
Deansocial":362yu3rt said:
both look equally fake and too perfect

I don't think folk paying fortunes for their hand built cars (there must be a few makers left) would accept a hand painted finish.

Ultimately it's whatever the maker wants to do and/or what the client is willing to pay for or specs. It's a bit like saying machine made (or jig made) dovetails are inferior to handmade ones (not that you are).

no i wouldn't want a hand painted car neither would i want a car in my kitchen either.

With a kitchen extension looming I'm reading every thread ever written on kitchens before asking questions on my own! SWMBO and I love this one - and 2 weeks in the making and 3 weeks in the fitting sounds incredible.

Do you make your own carcasses or buy in?

Presumably you make your own shaker doors?

Are the face frames just attached to standard sized carcasses?

What are the doors and face frames made from? Beech? Tulipwood?

Do you use simple stainless butt hinges, or is it something more sophisticated with a "soft close" mechanism?

Can't see any runners on that drawer. Presumably there is a bottom mounted runner rather than simple furniture style wooden runners?

Do you find that the very pale painted finish marks easily, and when it does, is it easy to keep clean?

Are all your Islands stationary or do you ever fit castors to them?

Inspirational stuff "doc", if a little intimidating!

RogerM":1csmaers said:
With a kitchen extension looming I'm reading every thread ever written on kitchens before asking questions on my own! SWMBO and I love this one - and 2 weeks in the making and 3 weeks in the fitting sounds incredible.

Do you make your own carcasses or buy in?

Presumably you make your own shaker doors?

Are the face frames just attached to standard sized carcasses?

What are the doors and face frames made from? Beech? Tulipwood?

Do you use simple stainless butt hinges, or is it something more sophisticated with a "soft close" mechanism?

Can't see any runners on that drawer. Presumably there is a bottom mounted runner rather than simple furniture style wooden runners?

Do you find that the very pale painted finish marks easily, and when it does, is it easy to keep clean?

Are all your Islands stationary or do you ever fit castors to them?

Inspirational stuff "doc", if a little intimidating!

Hi,

We make our own carcases, doors, drawers etc....... I sell bespoke kitchens and feel I'd be short changing the customer if I bought in components and just put them together.

This particular kitchen was beech frames and painted maple (paint grade timber) doors.

I give the customer the choice on hinges, nickel butts or concealed soft close, same price.

Drawer runners are blum motion.

A painted finish is fine provided its looked after.

The islands are always stationary, I think castors on an island are a bit naff.

Latest posts

Back