Owch Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hudson Carpentry

Established Member
Reaction score
Looked through there new catalogue today. One machine that was £192 is now £250+ and another machine I had my eye on has gone up some £200 I think. I have moved workshops to get more space for working and new machines. May look on the second hand market now.

Is UKI brand kregg?

Whats your thoughts on the Hobby, Trade, Industrial ratings and colours on machines? I looked at many of the hobby machines like a linisher and wondered how many hobby users have the space or warrent for this kind of machine and double bag extractors? I think I even saw one hobby machine that stated a 16amp supply is required.

Hi HC

There are 2 threads running at the minute on the subject of Axminster - prices / hobby

Bob

I heard from a pretty reliable source that Axminster had stopped dealing with Kregg due to a disagreement.. can anybody confirm?

They have stopped dealing in kreg yes. I emailed them last month when I wanted some screws.

I was told kreg are being distributed by silverline. Don't know why they wanted to go downmarket.

Cheers

Jon

Has anyone got a source for the long square-headed drivers Kreg sell for their pocket hole screws?

They do seem to last, but I hate not having a spare, and the easy-to-find hex-shank ones in cheap screwdriver bit kits are too short for pocket hole applications.

E.

Hudson Carpentry":1p0cl8tz said:
May look on the second hand market

As you say HC the second hand market is the way to go! So many of these companys are just pricing themselves out now and people are not willing to pay the prices. I personally would not give axi the money anymore i will buy secondhand or do without!

I'm sure axi and the like scout these forums for info but they should take heed of this as people will just not pay these prices as they just don't have the cash anymore!!

Latest posts

Back