Our friend Bryan

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippygeoff

Established Member
Reaction score
It is with sadness that I tell you all that our friend Bryan Bennet passed away this morning. He died peacefully in his sleep surrounded by members of his family. He had suffered for a while with cancer. The funeral will be held at St Helens crematorium next Thursday should any of the members wish to attend.

Bryan was always to first to welcome new members to the forum and give them a warm welcome and he will be sadly missed. As I write this I am looking at a small name sign he made for me last year and I will treasure it always. It was a pleasure to have known Bryan and to see his amazing work.

So sorry to hear about Bryan
A truly decent chap to have as a friend

When I first bought my Hegner we met up and Bryan let me have some books and a video on scrolling
Since then we have met a few times; including a trip to British Hardwoods
RIP Bryan

Never had the chance to meet up with Bryan but like others have said he was always happy to help if possible and helped me get my head round scroll saws.
RIP Bryan

Brian

That's very sad news. Brian always came over as a friendly and welcoming chap and helped lots of members both old and new.

Barry

rip Bryan
Although I never met Bryan, he was a lovely man to talk to and was always happy to give advice and help.
My Sympathies and condolences to his family.
Brendan

Chippygeoff":ys02t7fe said:
It is with sadness that I tell you all that our friend Bryan Bennet passed away this morning. He died peacefully in his sleep surrounded by members of his family. He had suffered for a while with cancer. The funeral will be held at St Helens crematorium next Thursday should any of the members wish to attend.

Bryan was always to first to welcome new members to the forum and give them a warm welcome and he will be sadly missed. As I write this I am looking at a small name sign he made for me last year and I will treasure it always. It was a pleasure to have known Bryan and to see his amazing work.

Hi all, i would just like to add a few details to the above post.
I only new bryan a relatively short time but never have i met a more generous & kind man. When i first joined the forum bryan offered to bring me wood to cut, blades , any help whatsoever he offered freely & without any gain to himself. He came to see me & my wife sue on our narrowboat , once with lynne his daughter & the second time with enid his wife, what a nice time we had i will always remember those times fondly.

Lynne as sent me a few details as follows:-
Funeral next thursday, 25th feb, 3-30pm-4-30pm at ST HELENS CREM, RAINFORD RD, WA10 6DF.
MEETING AFTERWARDS AT 5PM ST PATRICKS CLUB, 111 COMMON ROAD, NEWTON-LE-WILLOWS, WA12 9JH

Lynne says any members are welcome to come & invites are on bryan's facebook page.

John.

I'm sure Bryan became a good friend to everyone who met him. He drove the 140 mile round trip to visit me a few times, and every time he would bring a gift of wood or something he had made on his Hegner. One day he phoned in a bit of a panic with a problem with his Hegner and asked if he could come over. I forgot now what the problem turned out to be, but it was sorted in a couple of minutes. Next time I saw him, he brought a musical box for Fran as a thank you for looking at his saw. I must say I was rather gobsmacked at the time he must have spent on that thank you gift, but as John says, that's the type of guy he was. I already miss him. He had been arranging to come across to Yorkshire again, but when I spoke to him last, he was almost apologising for being ill. R.I.P. mate.

Attachments

• P1050530s.jpg
    P1050530s.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 685
Back