Osmo UV protection

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tren

Established Member
Reaction score
So I recently built some windows out of planned oak and decided to Osmo them.

I put 2 coat of Osmo for interior on the indoor side and that went well, it dried in 8h very nicely.

Then I put one coat of Osmo UV protection for the face/outdoor side. It's been 2 days and they are all still sticky. I do think I was putting a relatively think coat on (not any thicker than the interior one).

I suspect my the planned oak was probably sanded a bit too finely and the wood is struggling to soak it up?

Is this expected? Will it dry eventually?

I use osmo 420/425 for all exterior oak door and windows and it dries in 24 hours in decent weather.

If you're having problems, osmo have area reps who can come out and have a look. They did for us when we were originally trying to decide what to use. 32 exterior oak doors and windows.

I use osmo 420/425 for all exterior oak door and windows and it dries in 24 hours in decent weather.

If you're having problems, osmo have area reps who can come out and have a look. They did for us when we were originally trying to decide what to use. 32 exterior oak doors and windows.
Good shout about the rep.
I used the 420 but I applied it in a covered building which is sheltered from wind wind and sun. Where we are the humidity level is also high so perhaps I should take them outside in sunny weather.

It needs sunshine to dry, so if your painting them inside it can take week(s) to dry, but will eventually.
I used to paint my windows and doors (at my last house) and on a bright sunny day it would dry within a few hours.
Don’t worry, I’ve had it covered in sawdust and all sorts of rubbish when it’s been wet, just wipes off afterwards.

It needs sunshine to dry, so if your painting them inside it can take week(s) to dry, but will eventually.
I used to paint my windows and doors (at my last house) and on a bright sunny day it would dry within a few hours.
Don’t worry, I’ve had it covered in sawdust and all sorts of rubbish when it’s been wet, just wipes off afterwards.
amazing thanks! I will take them out now then :)

Latest posts

Back