Osmo oil on doors with minimum fuss.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Shmoe

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm redecorating, and I'm currently fitting 5 internal Oak (veneer) doors.

Finishing with Osmo oil.

Given the entire door is unfinished and they recommend two coats, how to I apply to all faces and underneath the door, with minimum amount of faffing around?

I'm redecorating, and I'm currently fitting 5 internal Oak (veneer) doors.

Finishing with Osmo oil.

Given the entire door is unfinished and they recommend two coats, how to I apply to all faces and underneath the door, with minimum amount of faffing around?
Forgot to add. Seen some videos where they just oil it while it's hanging, but not sure how they do underneath, nor under the hinges.

For osmo I prefer to wipe it on with a rag rather than a brush. Just get it everywhere then dry it off with a nice fresh rag.
The worst issue with osmo is when you leave too much in the mouldings and crevices, it won't dry properly and goes gummy.
Compressed air is great to blow the excess out from these places so you can wipe it off the surface.

Ollie

wouldn't stress the bits you can't see. I'd just not want to do one face of any surface as then you have risk of differential moisture transfer and warping.

Back