Opinions on a Planer/Thicknesser please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yachtie

Reaction score
Hi all

First post here, looking to get started on a budget so after some buying advice.

Has anybody got one of the Axminster models - 801599 - sorry won't let me post a link

Would really love to get a £400 is thicknesser but just cannot afford it. So the question is, does the machine above do a decent job or is it a bit "mickey mouse"?

Thanks for any input

Cheers
Jim

jim,

what space do you have to work in? i cant help you on that one, but there are some good seperates out there at reasonable money secondhand which I personally prefer to a combined machine.

Mark

Very, VERY noisy brush motored machine. Better to get one with an induction motor which are much quieter.

Couldn't find the model you referred to but FWIW I've a Record PT260 which gives excellent results and easily pushed out of the way if you get the wheel kit. Got it second hand for less than 300.

mbartlett99":18265uqu said:
Couldn't find the model you referred to but FWIW I've a Record PT260 which gives excellent results and easily pushed out of the way if you get the wheel kit. Got it second hand for less than 300.
Yes an excellent small induction motor powered machine, I have the SIP version, but unfortunately they are usually way over the OPs budget. You had a bargain for £300 :)

Back