Open rubber grommets for machine refurb

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AES":mt88bgp2 said:
I agree about the Hellermann sleeves (and the 3 prong sleeve expanding tool) because I used them years ago in the RAF. I've never seen/used them since, but can well imagine they'd be very expensive today - TIA

I have one of those tools in a drawer, was told they are use to fit rubber bands over certain parts of farm animals to castrate them - OUCH :lol:

Lons":3o2ovu64 said:
AES":3o2ovu64 said:
I agree about the Hellermann sleeves (and the 3 prong sleeve expanding tool) because I used them years ago in the RAF. I've never seen/used them since, but can well imagine they'd be very expensive today - TIA

I have one of those tools in a drawer, was told they are use to fit rubber bands over certain parts of farm animals to castrate them - OUCH :lol:

lons, a rubber ring just like an O ring is used to castrate farm animals, there is a stoty from an RS (radio spares) rep who got an order for cable ties from a farmer in an obscure African village, when he enquired further it turned out that putting a cable tie round the relevant part and tightening had the same effect as the rubber O ring but they were cheaper.
PS typed with legs crossed and eyes watering....

Back