[Ooops] Laminated boards with rings in same direction

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fromey

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm making a six-board chest to help store tools in the shed and double as a saw horse. Yesterday I was gluing up the panel for the bottom of the chest and discovered this morning that I accidentally glued the two boards with the rings in the same orientation. This board is going to be fitted into the end boards via a dado (and I'll probably toenail them in as well).

Do you think this will be sufficient to prevent the panel from warping over time?
Or, should I rip the panel down, clean up the edges and re-glue it in the correct orientation?

Fromey":3jyhcgdi said:
Or, should I rip the panel down, clean up the edges and re-glue it in the correct orientation?

As none of the experts have offered their wisdom, I'll chip in and say "that's what Norm would do". And if it's good enough for Norm....

how wide are the boards? How deep is the dado? Where are the two boards that are in the same orientation? How dry is the timber?

Depending on answers to the above, I probably wouldn't bother.

Back