One of Those Days

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dibs

Established Member
Reaction score
We've all had them...It started with such a small thing. I am putting the finishing touches to a TV cabinet. (I'm building this for a mate, but he wants it finished in Rosewood Gloss, which just hides the beauty of the grain.) First, I lost the top off my much used, refilled and loved, glue bottle. Sad I know, and the plasterboard nail now plugging the nozzle seems a fine substitute. Next, the tablesaw blade will not raise. Much swearing and cursing follows. At least it's a simple fault, a circlip on the raising mechanism has fallen apart. Not something I keep a stock of, but a trip up to the local garage and a gift from the mechanic soon has me up and running again, for a while anyway. Next, the compressor won't start. Electrics are not my strong point, but with the aid of my little current tester thing, I establish that there is power to the switch, but not beyond. More time spent removing the switch cover, but at least I can trip the switch and get going again. Connect up the nail gun to find a split in the air line. It's close to the connector, but for a temporary repair, I wrap it with electrical tape. Now can I get on? No! The nail gun is playing up. It fires one nail fine, then the er, bit that strikes the nail fires down into my workpiece. Stripped down and re-assembled several times, but with the same result. Everything thrown back in the workshop (garage,) and a bottle of wine opened. Maybe tomorrow?

Sympathies -
we've all been there ](*,) The wine / beer always helps though! On a really bad one, the whisky bottle bears the brunt :)

Strange, but I'm sure it happens to me more often as I get older :duno:

Good LORD! Don't do the lottery this weekend...it would be a waste!

Seriously...so sad to hear about your woes...sometimes it goes that way...

I find I start a job with great intentions and then I need to get one thing sorted to work on that and that leads to tangental thoughts about getting another thing working which needs something from Axminster which leads to credit card which leads to amnesia....

So...I end up forgetting what it was I was doing in the first place.

Still....I did visit Axminster so all was not lost! :oops:

Jim

Just an update...A day of mixed fortunes. I have been happily re-united with the top for my glue bottle. On the downside, the switch on my detail sander went, still it owes me nothing. Then, just hoovering up a few shavings, I had a back spasm, that's me done for a week, plus chief helper, No 1 son, broke his collar bone playing rugby. So, with plenty of grub in cupboards and freezers, and plenty of grog in the house, I've shut up shop for the week. Have a good one. Dibs.

Back