Old workbench with unusual feature

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not surviving, nor any sign of attacment for such a thing. There is a square hole at one end, but doesn't look like a planing stop point. What would it be for?
That square hole could be for the cast V right angle fitting for a pig castrating bench, the trough for draining the blood, my castrating bench in France looked very similar.

That square hole could be for the cast V right angle fitting for a pig castrating bench, the trough for draining the blood, my castrating bench in France looked very similar.
Done a few non woodwork things on my bench but I would draw the line at that. Be too much of a clean up required afterwards.
Don't know why the 3 little piggies were so worried about the big bad wolf.
Regards
John

It's bad enough getting my own blood onto my builds, that would be a dreadful mess!

I'd lean towards it not having been used that way, the hole is near the original vise and over the top of the box-end which would act as a rather nasty reservoir.

Back