Old Soke

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bodrighy":23razpxc said:
Bagpipes probably originated in the middle or far east.
From Oman, as I understand it, Pete ... although I stand to be corrected.
Like most 'jock' traditions, its 'borrowed' ... the Kilt originated in France I believe :wink:
Bushmills is the oldest distillery ( irish ),

And could believe Porridge could well have stemmed from 'middle earth' or somewhere equally as undesirable :wink: :D

Jenx":774tbgfj said:
Bodrighy":774tbgfj said:
Bagpipes probably originated in the middle or far east.
From Oman, as I understand it, Pete ... although I stand to be corrected.
Like most 'jock' traditions, its 'borrowed' ... the Kilt originated in France I believe :wink:
Bushmills is the oldest distillery ( irish ),

And could believe Porridge could well have stemmed from 'middle earth' or somewhere equally as undesirable :wink: :D

Don't forget haggis the most Scottish of all.

"Git yer haggis, right here... chopped heart and lungs... boiled in a wee sheep's stomach... tastes as good as it sounds! Good fer what ails ye, eh?" :D :D

bracky1":3b3yk5k0 said:
"Git yer haggis, right here... chopped heart and lungs... boiled in a wee sheep's stomach... tastes as good as it sounds! Good fer what ails ye, eh?" :D :D

pineapples!
Everybody knows that Haggis is mined deep underground by liitle hairy men with red beards and skirts, who speak an unintelligible language with no known etymological source.

Just late adopters of a method of using up the scraps, that probably originated somewhere as distance as the source of the pipes I believe, just not advanced much further in the gourmet food chain, :twisted: :whistle: :lol:
Although I do know of a butcher in Castle Douglas that does a mean tasting one.

CHJ":393csear said:
Just late adopters of a method of using up the scraps, that probably originated somewhere as distance as the source of the pipes I believe, just not advanced much further in the gourami food chain, :twisted: :whistle: :lol:
Although I do know of a butcher in Castle Douglas that does a mean tasting one.

Do fish eat haggis? :lol:

Pete

Bodrighy":2tv9g38q said:
Do fish eat haggis? :lol:

Pete

:lol: :lol: :lol: depends on what Scale you slice it up in.

bl***y spell checkers, having enough trouble at the moment with a USA keyboard and a stupid google et al ridden internet that keeps assuming I'm german just because of the IP.

It most probably is 8) :wink:

We probably took it off an englishman at Bannockburn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

heh heh.. wouldn't surprise me in the least Paul ... if it's anything like our other aforementioned "traditions" ... all 'borrowed' from elsewhere !

:D :D

Jenx":1dylnmjc said:

was that before or after the english whupped your ass at glencoe ? ;) :lol:

big soft moose":21bgass9 said:
Jenx":21bgass9 said:

was that before or after the english whupped your ass at glencoe ? ;) :lol:

Careful, Glencoe was basically a civil war with different clans taking sides. England just egged them on and let them get on with it. England never actually beat the Scots properly in a battle....did it all by the back door. Come to think of it England as such never won a battle against anyone on their own did they? :lol:

Pete

It was john hill (a good english name) who wrote "I have ruined glencoe" - he was right there is sod all there ;)

as to the english never having won against the scots - one company of English soilders held ruvthen barracks for 3 months against the surrounding hairy kilt wearers, when they were relieved only 32 were unwounded.

Oldsoke is alive and well, ....well, nothing that a glass or 6 of the red medicine wouldn't cure (I have painkillers and other meds to counteract the effects of the painkillers.... as I said to the quack, 'There was an old woman who swallowed a fly........)

I'm on Skye 'til Friday... looking forward to the piping concert on Wed evening... Moosey eat your heart out :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim, that's one hell of a commute from Leicester :lol: :shock:

Now you lot can get back to re-enacting the vain attempts by the English to rid Scotland of the Scots just so as you can get yer hands on the water of life....

btw ...I've retired........ peas and quiet.... almost.... time to close the door, the wee beasties are on the wing ... and me bits of exposed flesh (tried 'skin so soft' but it's just not me :lol: )

[Replies on a £20 note addressed to Sabhal Mor Ostaig, Skye...... :p ]

Oldsoke wrote
Oldsoke is alive and well, ....well, nothing that a glass or 6 of the red medicine wouldn't cure (I have painkillers and other meds to counteract the effects of the painkillers.... as I said to the quack, 'There was an old woman who swallowed a fly........)
Great to hear from you again Graham :D

Back