Old EON Master / Slave Sockets

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabs

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a job lot of these - there was mention of these I think in @johnwalls26 thread Aug 2022
There is a 5sec delay before the slave is switched, there are two slave sockets.
Continues 5sec after master detects now power draw
I'm using it with a 500w bandsaw and 1000w DX1000.
It's rated 13amp. Full Load on DX1000 = 5.2amp, Mini Bandsaw is 2.4amp (Sabre 250)
Use another for the sander.
Seems to work well.

Just seeing if anyone is looking for a cheap effective temporary solution to the issue of forgetting to flip the DE on when cutting / sanding!

I'm also going to experiment with putting a smart plug on one for the air-scrubber with a time delay off with the workshop lights to get a few air changes in before the air scrubber turns off.

If this seems like a good idea for anyone let me know as I can put a few on the for sale at cost +PP

20230325_165542.jpeg

i have been looking at various versions of those for a while , on amazon etc - just a DIYer so no real problem to manually switch the Henry vacuum on/off -when using my miter saw , rest of tools are cordless - but though one maybe useful in the garage

saw a lot of conflicting reviews , on power rating etc

i think i first saw with peter Millard video,

anyway , its on my amazon list - but keeps going up in price , was around £17
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000MPJ...olid=1UQXK3AIKKSCS&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
just the reviews put me off , and its a nice to have , maybe , item , so not a priority and now with cost of living , even lower

Just an FYI - this topic comes up regularly and few other alternatives have been suggested, e.g. here: Auto switch for vacuum

That 5-6 seconds delay of Intelliplug is OK for some but is a deal breaker for others. I found Intelliplug to be one of those things where (unfortunately) you have to try it to understand if it fits in your workflow.

I have one of the EON plugs that was on my computer to switch off my monitor, printers, peripherals etc.
I use a 4 gang extension in each slave socket, so controls switching of 8 devices.

When I upgraded to a new mini form energy efficient computer it stopped working.
It wasn't faulty, but they don't trigger with low power master devices.

Tried it workshop, it's OK, but with bigger machines like table saw, you have to be mindful of the start up current draw, not just its running amps. I stopped using it and changed to remote operated plugs.

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/eveready-remote-control-mains-sockets-2pk-366304
Got two packs, as the remote does 4 plugs. They also have a master all on and all off button.

I put one on my TV multi socket feed in order to turn everything off at night. You have to hit the tv remote on button twice with a couple of seconds delay to fire it up and thats fine, but the annoying part is when streaming with a low speed internet connection a spinning circle while loading will sometimes trigger the delay off and just shut down the tv.

Latest posts

Back