oi !!! nosey !!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tusses

Established Member
Reaction score
well if you are as nosey as me - always tring to see whats in the background of peep's pics ! ...

a quick look inside my workspace.

now ... I am just setting up and trying different layouts so it is a complete mess !!

I think I will settle in this layout. (and tidy up :) )

As you walk in the door (south wall) I have my Table Saw and (soon to be) router table that is used as a side extension to the TS.

DSC01843.jpg

looking past these you can see my little band saw - under neath my scroll saw. next to that my bench grinder

DSC01844.jpg

turn the bench grinder stand round on its castors and my drill press and morticer

DSC01845.jpg

to the left of these I have bench space (well - no space ! ) with storage below and above. My finishing tins are above - alsorts below.

DSC01846.jpg

to the right there is similar - bench - storage above an below

DSC01835.jpg

in the above you can see (if you look hard enough) my work bench (buried) with storage under. My thicknesser is on top - my Lathe is on the east wall along with my jointer.

DSC01837.jpg

to the right of the jointer I have a home made log stove. some more storage , and my 'norm' station :) TV Video DVD Freeview and Radio/mp3 etc etc

DSC01840.jpg

looking west from the east side you can see my wood stoorage and just about see my new band saw

DSC01838.jpg

and behind the TS some saw horses with more timber stacked on them

DSC01842.jpg

any views are welcome - any tips on making more of the space even more welcom :)

its 16'x20' as the max for easy planning / building regs (ie - none needed ! )

a couple of general shots

DSC01833.jpg

DSC01836.jpg

DSC01839.jpg

DSC01848.jpg

Tusses":6nindia1 said:
any views are welcome - any tips on making more of the space even more welcom :)

Tidy up? :lol:

On second thoughts don't, then when I get fed up with my mess of a workshop I can look at yours and think 'not so bad after all'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

its driving me mad trying to figure out where to put everything !

is doesn't help having 20 cars and needing my mechanic and welding stuff to store , and all my electronics stuff and a few speaker drivers .....

gonna have to build another shed me thinks !

Tusses":291eptfx said:
:lol:

its driving me mad trying to figure out where to put everything !

I've been 'sorting' mine for many months now, and I still can't get it right or find a place for everything. :cry:

well ... lets show you outs side my workshop ...

a bit off topic but hey !

come and have a look round my garden ....

as you walk away from the back door ..

DSC01810.jpg

72 850

DSC01811.jpg

some classics hidden here and there .. 78 trans am - 64 volvo 1800s

DSC01813.jpg

58 VW split

DSC01814.jpg

DSC01815.jpg

68 vw bay 72 vw pickup

DSC01816.jpg

couple of ferrari dino kits hidden too

DSC01817.jpg

I try to keep them all at one end , so we can chill up the other end :)

DSC01819.jpg

well ... thats me - mainly vw's , but any nice classic will do :thumbsup:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: How do you get on with the neighbours?

Regards Tom

Blister":3u5vu20f said:
I think I have seen that back garden before ?

Who are you on Volkzone ?

Tusses still in Vzi :) - dont get on there much. More often I'm on VolksTorque as Tricky

go on then ... what you got ?

I thought my workshop was messy.....

I've always always wanted to have a fully restored VW Van! Alas i'd never be able to afford a restored one and don't have the brain or back power to do it meself. I might have a go at a mini one day (not that I could fit in one).

Tusses":2cuixqo1 said:
Blister":2cuixqo1 said:
I think I have seen that back garden before ?

Who are you on Volkzone ?

Tusses still in Vzi :) - dont get on there much. More often I'm on VolksTorque as Tricky

go on then ... what you got ?

Dropped out of the VW scene now , did all the shows , as you do !

but have owned 2 split screen buses , my user name on there is Mr Splitty :lol:

What condition is the Volvo in ?

Do you still have the narrow boat ?

sold the boat a few weeks ago.

the volvo is in very poor shape. lots of panels need making.

I bought it for the Wife, but she didn't like it when I got it home so it has sat there ever since :?

WiZeR":3pe9xk7m said:
I thought my workshop was messy.....

I've always always wanted to have a fully restored VW Van! Alas i'd never be able to afford a restored one and don't have the brain or back power to do it meself. I might have a go at a mini one day (not that I could fit in one).

It depends what type of VW van you go for. In the grand scheme of things a brand new van is more expensive than a restored old one :)

as for the Mini - its like a tardis inside !

I'm 6ft 4in, my head would stick out the sun roof! ;)

What do fully restored vans go for?

Used to have a type 2 volkswagen campervan with the pop up roof.It was a money pit.Got an LT 45 now which i converted into a camper myself.

As for your workshop,be ruthless,start getting rid of stuff.You look like the classic "hoarder" to me.Not having a go,i'm the same.

I thought my shop was a mess LOL! BTW, what stove have you got there? - looks a handy little job. I wouldn't mind something like it.

Ike

Wizer -

I'm 6'2" and fit in the mini with loads of head room. knees are up a bit tho !
The oldest campers (split screen up to 67) go from £8k ish to £30k ish depending on how anal the resto has been and which model they are. The next (bay window 67 - 79) got for around £4k to £10k. T25's (wedges 80-90) around the £3k to £8k. T4's (90 - 2003?) from £2k to £18k. T5's (2003 onwards) ...some of the Vans start at £25k - without the camper conversion !

Skip Diver-
Just over a month a go it was a car resto workshop with a few woodworking tools and workbench stored under the back bench !. I had a beetle in there and a couple of engines / gearboxes ..... I am just setting it up as a dedicated wood shop, building loads of shelves and storage as I go. I DO need to be ruthless and get rid , I know. but that suff might come in handy one day :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ike-
I made the stove out of an old 15Kg Calor Gas bottle. open the valve to make sure its empty ! hacksaw off the brass valve (brass - no sparks !) Fill with water to make sure its empty ! Cut and hinge a door in the front. Couple of vent holes around the bottom.The flue pipe is 8' of 5" stainless I got off ebay for £40 :) It heats the shop easiliy, Sometimes I need to open the doors when its snowing outside !

Had a mate who had a stove like that in his house.Made it himself.

That's the classic line Tusses..................it may come in handy.How many times have i said that?

Back