Octopus Agile Outgoing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes it seems to work ok. Only been on it since last August. In my case the early hours of the day are taken up recharging my batteries so in the winter I haven't earned a lot especially as the low winter sun is not ideal for generating when the rates start to rise toward evening. But the rate I have been getting has been consistently higher than the standard Octopus rate and at times in the Autumn I was earning more than 30p per KWH.

It does make your bill a bit too long to print out though as they list each individual ½ hr period for the month whether you have been exporting or not! Also the export credit is sometimes delayed for a few days while the collect missing data (I am right on the very edge of the mobile signal range for the smart meter)

They won't let you combine it with There other

Tom

Yes it seems to work ok. Only been on it since last August. In my case the early hours of the day are taken up recharging my batteries so in the winter I haven't earned a lot especially as the low winter sun is not ideal for generating when the rates start to rise toward evening. But the rate I have been getting has been consistently higher than the standard Octopus rate and at times in the Autumn I was earning more than 30p per KWH.

It does make your bill a bit too long to print out though as they list each individual ½ hr period for the month whether you have been exporting or not! Also the export credit is sometimes delayed for a few days while the collect missing data (I am right on the very edge of the mobile signal range for the smart meter)

They won't let you combine it with There other

Tom
something went a bit wrong with my post. Then end bit should read:

They won't let you combine it with there other variable rate products like Octopus Go as they don't want you to import at their lowest rate and then export back at their highest rate - Can't imagine why ; < )

It's never going to make me rich but I am happy enough with it.

Tom

I haven't checked it out with them whether I can get it or not but I'm thinking about it. I'm at home all day and can mostly pick and choose when to use power. Whether it would to have batteries or not needs to be analysed - according to Octopus you can charge your batteries at any time and discharge them at peak, but I presume if that's the case the system only allows for their solar charging. I could easily get most power use to be concentrated in the daytime with some on timers at night.

The Octopus site is leading me around in circles atm.

Latest posts

Back