Occupational title

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bosshogg

Established Member
Reaction score
I note that my description (depicted in the right hand column under my avatar) lists me as a furniture maker. I have never claimed to be a furniture maker and list my experience/skills as 'Construction Project Management' and Patternmaker.
Whilst my feeling on this are cursory, I do feel however, those displayed 'occupation titles' should reflect the experience of the person giving the answers, especially where these might be structural questions pertaining to buildings...just a thought, and I wonder if anyone else shares this view?...bosshogg :)
Before God we are all equally wise - and equally foolish. A.E. (hammer)

It's just a reflection of the number of posts you've made and shouldn't be viewed as anything more than that - Rob

Yes Rob should be Emporer by the number of posts he has made - I am a lowly Master! 

Rod

When I joined the forum, I have to say that whilst looking in the gallery at some of the projects on show, and then seeing the wording under the avatars, it had me thinking "WTF!...Standards must have really slipped!"

bosshogg":1db3gme0 said:
I note that my description (depicted in the right hand column under my avatar) lists me as a furniture maker. I have never claimed to be a furniture maker and list my experience/skills as 'Construction Project Management' and Patternmaker.
Whilst my feeling on this are cursory, I do feel however, those displayed 'occupation titles' should reflect the experience of the person giving the answers, especially where these might be structural questions pertaining to buildings...just a thought, and I wonder if anyone else shares this view?...bosshogg :)

As a forum newbie I always thought that the discription for long standing members was what they had put in their profile.
Now I know that this is not the case it explaines a lot.
No doubt there are people in this forum who are top of their game but this system does not reflect that fact for them.
I think I need to change my user name to Mr Green as I seem to be the only one who did not understand the system

woodbloke":3uy5usss said:
It's just a reflection of the number of posts you've made and shouldn't be viewed as anything more than that - Rob

Another forum (that uses the same software) uses the name of dances, in order of complexity and formality!!

BugBear

Well from the looks of things they`ve changed already.

& though i appreciate it`s possibly more information than anyone needs, i can confirm i have the correct title, as i am indeed regular, must be the vegetarian diet :-& 8-[ :lol: :lol:

I was going to be facetious (pun intended) & say i`d rather be a "settled in member" but i don`t think i will :D

I liked being a 'Professional Mutterer' though :( ...I think it's an quite apt descriptor for those with 10,000+ posts, who really, really need to get out a bit more :oops: - Rob

woodbloke":14drg3pk said:
I liked being a 'Professional Mutterer' though :(
Nah, you're just a gifted amateur, Rob. :lol:

I dunno, we've had these wholly inaccurate terms for years, why change them now? :(

Newbie_Neil":ax2edjn5 said:
Hi Alf,

Alf":ax2edjn5 said:
I dunno, we've had these wholly inaccurate terms for years, why change them now? :(

Some people got to choose their own occupational titles!! :lol: :roll: :roll:

Thanks,
Neil

In case anyone's wondering just how inflated my ego is, perhaps I should stress that I didn't! :)

Newbie_Neil":9te4m4m0 said:
Hi Alf,

Alf":9te4m4m0 said:

Some people got to choose their own occupational titles!! :lol: :roll: :roll:

Thanks,
Neil
I fancy I can detect a bit of discrimination going on here :-" :lol: How come Alf gets to retain her honoured status as 'HTG' and I'm relegated to a 'Respected Contributor'. How does that work then? :lol: :lol: - Rob...who'd still like to be a 'Professional Mutterer' or even a 'Gifted Amateur Professional Mutterer'...or somat.

Looks like I'm now a 'Mr. Very Sharp'...not as good as an ' Gifted Amateur Professional Mutterer' but it'll do :lol: - Rob

Back