Oak jewellery box with burr ash lid panels.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

philip sewell

Established Member
Reaction score
Every time clients of mine have a new grand child they buy a box from me and I carve the child’s name on the front.

This is the third box they have bought from me.

This is an oak jewellery box with burr ash veneered lid panels.

I gave the client the choice of an oak or lime nameplate and they like the contrast of the lime.

The lid has 3 oak floating t and g boards veneered with burr ash. Lined in black velvet and the hinges are from Ian Hawthorne.

My preferred method of finishing with most of my boxes is to build up several layers of oil cutting back between coats until I get a low sheen which I then wax. This give a reflective surface but not a high gloss finish.

Hopefully this will stay with Beatrice throughout her life and who knows it might get passed on to one of her daughters.

Phil.

bespokehandmadeboxes.co.uk
tooleypark.com

Beatrice9.jpg
Beatrice8.jpg
Beatrice7.jpg
Beatrice6.jpg
Beatrice5.jpg
Beatrice4.jpg
Beatrice3.jpg
Beatrice1.jpg

Attachments

• Beatrice2.jpg
    Beatrice2.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 3
Now that is very nicely done, the carving is particularly neat! I taught myself to carve letters for a church noticeboard a couple of years ago and though perfectly acceptable not nearly as good as yours. Ian

Not anywhere near as much as making say a fitted wardrobe!
Prices are on the shop page of the box site Fergie. I obviously charge extra for the carving.

Latest posts

Back