Oak front door ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good ! Well done , want a job ?
I noticed no wedges also but the way glue has come on today i wonder if they are really needed but thats another subject . If you decide you want to put the wedges in you could still cut them out and do it while the door is hung . I quite often wedge a door after glue up if its been an buttocks to get square and true .

Thanks Martyn, JFC - a job hey? Would that mean I'd have to make more of them - thanks but no chance :)! Yep as I said I have confidence in the glue ;).
Cheers
Gidon

That looks superb, well worth the wait indeed! :D

I'd love tackle something very similar, replacing our own bowed front door with something of my own. How did you find the glazing part? I'm fine with the joinery, but wouldn't be confident tackling that first time?

It's unlikely to happen for me soon though - mother prefers the draught-proof uPVC option, as a bundle with our forthcoming conservatory.
I can't stand the sight of the stuff personally :? , but I see some sense when she says it has appeal when it comes to selling the property, I suppose.

Thanks chaps.
Oswaldo - the glazing is fairly easy to be honest. The slightly tricky bit was making the quarter round moulding - but you may be able to source that. You then cut a rebate for the glass, put some glazing putty (not sure proper name but comes on a reel and is very easy to apply) in the rebate, add the glass, seal the void with some low modulus sealant, mitre the beading and nail it in place. Not sure a uPVC door is more draft proof to be honest.
Cheers
Gidon

You make it sound so easy gidon! :D

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to be careful not to hit any speed bumps to fast on the way home from picking up the glass eh! :wink:

Back