Oak framed building - any interest in a thread?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, would love to see the thread and I'm not too far away from you so would also love to come help if you need a hand
Could turn into a southeast members forum open day. Nothing like a good old barn raising

Hi guys. Yes I have thought of the Genie lift but the big snag is that I need to get up close to some dwarf walls to place the top beams around the edges, and the balancing arms prevent that. I do have another solution in mind. Will get to that when I start the thread.

Thanks for offers of help. I am making the first three short back posts today. Have a bunch of guys on site laying paving so I keep getting distracted!

AJ

I'll give you a hand when you need it just let me know, not too far away in Longfield

Can bring an engine crane if it may assist in any way????

Thanks. You guys are great. I am a few weeks away from having all the joints cut ( I am at work most of the time so only have weekends usually). I will try to get the thread started next week.

The genie would be handy if only to get things up to the right height - its easier to slide it once its up there than lift and position it just by manpower!

Back