• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Oak Chair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

srt

Established Member
Reaction score
I have started this straw back orkney chair today made in oak.This is my first WIP i have made the front and back of the frame, tommorrow iam planning to make the side rails.The legs are tapered below the top rail down which makes the lower rail a little tricky well tricky for me anyway :roll: .The back of the frame is at a slight angle forward as you can see from the pics.

Attachments

Unib

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking very nice is that. What's wrong with the Hitachi slider - I thought Hitachi were generally pretty good?

srt

Established Member
Reaction score
Unib":3kgw813g said:
Looking very nice is that. What's wrong with the Hitachi slider - I thought Hitachi were generally pretty good?
Cheers Unib,the mitre saw is not vey accurate it has a lot of wander :x its not too bad on small cuts close in but wider bits of hardwood when you use more of the slide it is all over the place!!

srt

Established Member
Reaction score
After making the sides of the chair this is it so far.Does anybody know how to cut the angle of the mortices with a mitre saw,when i cut the one side then flip it over to cut the other side the angle of the saw is the opposite angle?

Attachments