Oak Bedside table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy RV

Established Member
Reaction score
Good Evening everyone, New member here, I'm an apprentice toolmaker/ engineer.

Previously I spent 2 1/2 years at college studying Joinery but couldn't find a suitable apprenticeship.

This table was done for the girlfriend, M&T construction, hand cut dovetailed draw (forgot to take pictures of that!) I've attached the top using pegs.

Heres a picture (hopefully!)

bedsidetable002l.jpg

Andy,

I have looked at your links and there is a problem with them anyway, or I would have posted them up for you.

Someone has to Mike :D

Hello and welcome, nice piece with great rays on the legs. Hopefully as your top is fairly small it should be okay movement wise, but in general fixing a top to the carcass in a way that doesn't allow it to move can spell trouble, it could force your joints open or break the dowels

Cheers

Damian

Mike Garnham":1gr53hrf said:
woodbloke":1gr53hrf said:
What are those dotty things on the top?...not plugged screw holes I hope 8-[ - Rob

I've attached the top using pegs.

I'll help you out Rob!

Mike
Thanks for that Mike :wink: ...even so no, allowance for movement in the top, not that there will be much in a narrow width like that, so should be OK - Rob

Thanks for the comments everyone.

The legs are white oak, the picture makes the legs appear darker than they actually are.

Hopefully the top will stay put!

Latest posts

Back