Oak Bedside table

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy RV

Established Member
Reaction score
Good Evening everyone, New member here, I'm an apprentice toolmaker/ engineer.

Previously I spent 2 1/2 years at college studying Joinery but couldn't find a suitable apprenticeship.

This table was done for the girlfriend, M&T construction, hand cut dovetailed draw (forgot to take pictures of that!) I've attached the top using pegs.

Heres a picture (hopefully!)

bedsidetable002l.jpg

Andy,

I have looked at your links and there is a problem with them anyway, or I would have posted them up for you.

Someone has to Mike :D

Hello and welcome, nice piece with great rays on the legs. Hopefully as your top is fairly small it should be okay movement wise, but in general fixing a top to the carcass in a way that doesn't allow it to move can spell trouble, it could force your joints open or break the dowels

Cheers

Damian

Mike Garnham":1gr53hrf said:
woodbloke":1gr53hrf said:
What are those dotty things on the top?...not plugged screw holes I hope 8-[ - Rob

I've attached the top using pegs.

I'll help you out Rob!

Mike
Thanks for that Mike :wink: ...even so no, allowance for movement in the top, not that there will be much in a narrow width like that, so should be OK - Rob

Thanks for the comments everyone.

The legs are white oak, the picture makes the legs appear darker than they actually are.

Hopefully the top will stay put!

Back