Oak Bedside Cabinet - WIP

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The_Stig

Established Member
Reaction score
It's only just dawned one me that I've not listed anything about a project that I started last year and I'm ashamed to say haven't got round to finishing... and I'm not sure why!

photo4.jpg
photo3.jpg
photo-1.jpg

Legs planed, stop chamfered and morticed. I cut the taper at the end with a jigsaw and I'm unsure of the result as pressure on the blade didn't give a very even cut.

panel.jpg

I then machined some tongue and groove boarding for the side panels, this took some time to do but was well worth the time spent.

side.jpg

This is the first side finished and how the project remains... I'm hoping that when I'm up and running again I'll be able to invest a lot of time in getting the cabinet finished.

Watching th photos seems a good start, do you have a drawing of what would be the final result of the cabinet?

brandy20":odngeuwr said:
Do you have a drawing of what would be the final result of the cabinet?

That was back in the days when I lived next door, lol.

I have a drawing on my laptop so I'll post it up later on :)

This is what the finished cabinet is suppose to look like:

BedsideTable.jpg

I'm almost ashamed to say that I brought some plans which is unlike me but I liked the design so I'm working to plans and then adding a few of my own features as I see fit.

Nice start Stig. Don't want to sound like a killjoy but the plans you bought are someone's livelihood and to punt them on to someone else for free is doing them out of their income.

Cheers

Damian

Your right Ironballs, I'll take the slap on the wrist like a man and not do it again.

I was looking on the projects section of the site and thought it looked a little sparse, I wonder if people would be interested in posting up some if only simple things for people to make...

It wasn't my intention to ask for free something you bought. Initially I was wondering if you found the picture in internet and you made a workable drawing of it. That's it.

So, sorry if somebody misunderstood my intentions. :roll:

Luca

Back