Oak and burr oak jewellery chest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Sewell

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully someone would like to see a commission I've just finished. This came via my box making site although obviously a chest rather than a box. It was made for an Australian chap for his wife, and will be shipped to Australia when he has finished working in the UK. The overall sizes are 450mm high, 400mm, wide and 350mm deep. The hardware is from Hawthorne Crafts. There is a spring loaded pin which locates in a brass insert in the of top one of the doors which locks the doors when the lid is closed. Lined in black suede, drawer partitions can be removed to suit the owners jewellery collection.

There are lots of close up images on my site if you are interested rather than me posting a lot of images here.
http://bespokehandmadeboxes.co.uk/?page_id=2242

I've just machined up a load of poplar for a painted kitchen (hence my post re domino jointers) so can't say work lacks variety!
Phil.
jewellery-chest-main.jpg

Attachments

• jewellery-chest-main.jpg
    jewellery-chest-main.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 1,267
  • jewellery-chest1.jpg
    jewellery-chest1.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 1,266
Very very nice work. Well chosen timbers and beautifully fitted knife hinges. Well done that man!

=D>

The dowel is to replace the spring loaded pin to fill the hole if they take it out so that they don't have to lift the lid every time they open the doors.

Latest posts

Back