NV switch needed !!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fred55

Established Member
Reaction score
Just been in the man cave and my saws thrown a wobbly - rexon variable speed. when I press the green on button it starts but stops once the button is released. It did have a slight delay prior to starting up before; So I suspect the NV switch (KJD20-2) anybody had similar problem ! any other ideas !! or is it time to splash out and get a better machine.

have you blown any dust out of the switch as the first test?

Looks to be a pretty standard switch, and very much like the one I used to replace the switch on my pillar drill. 16 quid on ebay. Should be a 2 minute job to change it. (Famous last words :)

Thanks thats the switch - I hope it solves the problem had a goggle and ordered one from Charnwood -

If it's had a delay before, I may have an underlying issue. I can't see an nvr causing delays.

A new switch is on order (£16) - when fitted will report fixed or not its may help someone later with a problem. Thanks for assistance.

New switch arrived - not what I ordered but reading the small print; if Charnwood did not have one would send an equivalent - KJD6 instead of KJD20. Different positions for wires slightly longer so not quite a exact replacement decided to file a bit of the mounting plastic to make it fit. Pressed the button and now it starts and continues to run. So yep it was the NV button and the slight delay is still there.

Back