Numatic NVD750 confusion?!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roughcut

Established Member
Reaction score
Could someone please help me out with this?
I recently received a Numatic NVD750 from Axminster.
Im confused as how to use this vac with the Numatic disposable bag for fine dust removal (sanding etc.).

The instructions show to connect the 32mm hose via the 100mm to 51mm reducer to the 100mm inlet, and fit the disposable dust bag to the hose flange inside the drum?
http://www.axminster.co.uk/media/downlo ... manual.pdf

The Axminster website shows a photo of the 32mm hose connected to the other inlet when using a sander?
http://www.axminster.co.uk/numatic-nvd7 ... -extractor

When I did it that way (as in photograph) after about 10-15 minutes the vac got hot to touch. :shock:
But I thought this was the right way to do it as the dust should be going from the hose straight through the inlet and into the disposable dust bag?

Can anyone shed any light on this please?

Yeah, I had the same problem. I rang and spoke to someone. Use the 100mm inlet for the 100mm pipe or the 38mm pipe for machines that create chips. Use the 38mm inlet for dust only creating machines, otherwise you are likely to pierce the filter bag. It is all set up inside, so you shouldn't have to do anything.
Glad I wasn't the only one who didn't understand the instructions!

By the way, it is supposed to have some sort of flow indicator, I'm yet to find that.

Thanks for your reply Niagra!
Im a bit concerned as to why the vac got hot when I set it up with the disposable bag for sanding.
Have you experienced this?`

Mine does get warm, but not sure as to how hot/warm is normal. Have you got the air outlet on the top open with the top hat sort of cover, rather than the closed cap (same as the 38mm cap)?

Yes I removed the cap on the top and replaced it with the supplied vented top hat thing.

***UPDATE***:
Im just posting an update incase someone else encounters the same situation as me.
I emailed Axminster this afternoon and was pleasantly surprised to receive a phone call from Simon in return (I was expecting an email).
He confirmed that I did have the extractor set up correctly for fine dust with the Hepa-Flo bag.
However because I was using a palm sander with a small bore dust extraction connection there was not enough air being drawn through to the twin motors to keep them at normal operating temperature, and so they got hot and tripped the thermal cut out.
He suggested if using a palm sander to try also connecting up the 100mm hose to the extractor and leave the other end free to draw air in which should be sufficient to keep the temperature under control.

For the life of me I can't understand why manufactures still continue to cut the construction corners to the bone on shop Vacs. and rely on vacuum flow air to cool the motors, even my cheap Lidl unit has a dedicated cooling fan.

HI
Just reading this post for the first time, and I myself have just purchased one of these extractors, and I want to use the 100mm inlet for my compound mitre saw by way of using a hood for the 100mm hose at the back of the saw, and I was hoping to use the smaller inlet for connection on the extraction port on the mitre saw hence using both inlets on the extractor or maybe using 100mm hose to 51mm splitter on the 100mm hose if you follow if not look at link provided
http://lumberjocks.com/projects/78555
was hoping just to use the bags loose in the drum saving me money on bags.I just can't afford after all the bag is still just protecting the filters.
cheers for any advice

Latest posts

Back