Numatic NV750 Workshop Vacuum Extractor

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi mike

BSM pretty much covered it in his description here

Mike.C wrote:

Martin don't let anyone hear because I will feel a right silly person but what is a blast chamber

BSM wrote

it is {i think} a box or chamber from which you run mutiple pipes - each one shut off with a blast gate

so rather than having one long pipe from the DE with T joints and blast gates at each machine - you have a short pipe run to the blast chamber then radial pipes from there to the various machines.

the benefit being that as only one machine is in use at a time, at any given time you have the minimum ammount of piping open and thus preserve your suck as far as possible

keep the length of pipe work from extractor to the blast chamber as short as possible and the blast chamber itself as small as possible . that also applies to the pipe run to the machines as well. Thats the reason i split my shop in half length ways machines one side, work area the other side shorter runs of pipe more suck . hc

Mike wrote

Spilting the system could work. I will have to give it some thought.

It does work , the best of both worlds switch form one size pipe to the other with a push/pull of two gates,which has then then opened either the 50mm blast gate to the hoover, or shut off the 50mm side and open the 100mm blast gate to which ever machine your going to use .

I only use the 50mm pipes for hoovering with a 7 meter hose attached all other is 100mm pipe to all machines and to a floor pan for shavings and other rubbish , never use the 50mm for this as it will block 50mm hoover is use only for light dust . hc

Martin, BSM, Tony, Matt, many thanks for all your advice.

One more thing that may help in our systems is an idea Rob (Woodbloke) told me about in another thread, and that's a "Dustbin Extender" http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axmi ... -21891.htm which could help a hell of a lot with high powered but small capacity Camvac type extractors, that fill up in no time at all when connected to machines like a P/T.

Bl$$ding hell, with the info I have been given in the last 24 hours, I can now at long last see some light at the end of this dust extraction tunnel :wink:

Cheers guys

Mike

hi mike

your very welcome , now my extraction system is just about finished I'll try and do a post on it the next few day or so, if i can find all the pics on it that i took as it progressed in different stages it's been one of those project that was started, altered and then delayed, ah yes that part will have to waite till i get that bit done and fitted and that usually had to waite till i got something else done first , know what i mean. :D hc

head clansman":1o3r0je6 said:
hi mike

your very welcome , now my extraction system is just about finished I'll try and do a post on it the next few day or so, if i can find all the pics on it that i took as it progressed in different stages it's been one of those project that was started, altered and then delayed, ah yes that part will have to waite till i get that bit done and fitted and that usually had to waite till i got something else done first , know what i mean. :D hc

That would be great Martin. :D

Cheers

Mike

Back