Now this is a real fire

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Sorry to upstage you JFC, but this is a real fire.
p7090150zs4.jpg

Happened last year, lost everything, and I mean everything, the unit next door left their woodburner running during the night.

What ever stuff isn't destroyed by the fire and heat is destroyed by the 100,000 gallons of water used to put it out.

It was proved that the fire started in the woodburner, but the cause wasn't, so liability was never accepted.

As a result we had a limited insurance payout, and our premiums went through the roof.

Now in a brand new, metal building, purpose build, only good thing to come out of it.

The month after the fire was the worst of my life I don't think I slept for a month, the stress was unbelievable.

Started making furniture 2 weeks after the fire in a temporary workshop with new equipment.

You were very lucky JFC, let this be a warning to you all, check your insurance cover and be careful with woodburners.

I think stunned silence sums it up. :?
I don't understand this insurance thing, the pay out never seems to cover what you thought you were paying for.

I am glad you are still making such nice looking furniture. :D

DaveL":34rus8su said:
I think stunned silence sums it up. :?
'Fraid that's all I could come up with. :shock: Scary, very scary. Glad you weren't hurt, Senior, and congratulations at having the, I dunno, gumption? courage? drive? to get going again in a mere two weeks. I think I'd have still been whimpering in a corner. :cry:

Cheers, Alf

Thanks for sharing. This and Jason's thread should be taken as a lesson to us all.

I think my next workshop will be brick built!

Andy

That looks like my workshop before the fire :oops:
Glad your back up and running again , It really is a woodworkers worst nightmare isn't it .

Latest posts

Back