Now Taken. Unloved and unwanted ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
... and free for collection from Gloucester.

saws_zpsf0d8edf7.jpg

if only you were local.

Out of interest, that looks a strange tooth pattern on the middle saw do you know what it is? I have seen similar on a massive scale, but not on a saw of that size.

No idea, sorry, these were all "inherited" years and years ago and have been kicking around in a shed forever.
Some were my grandfather's/uncles - and I'm 71 :)

I think the "M Tooth" pattern is used on cross-cut felling saws. Green wood tends to clog smaller teeth.

I have a similar selection awaiting sharpening etc!

The middle one is for cutting green wood eg for pruning or trimming off the odd branch. It cuts on push and pull and has big gullets for wet wood. Used by gardeners.

Hi Roger,

i know you have said collection only so i am expecting a no to this question but....... would you consider posting? Of course i would pay postage before hand etc.

I have just found a couple of my great grandfathers saws and they are good enough to restore as well so i would love to add these to the restore list, after reading some saw sharpen threads etc i relise my great grandfathers old saws can work again and with these i would have a full set to use for the next 40 odd years!

If not then no problem but i have to ask!

Thanks,

Dean

If I had a large enough box and a mile of bubble wrap ..... I think you know the answer :)

Yes i thought so but thank you anyway and i hope they find a good home :)

Dean

Roger,

I would like these please.

I will be coming past Gloucester on the M5 on Saturday around 12.00am to 13.30pm on the way to Bristol. If I am the first to ask then let me know if that would be OK with you.

Al

Latest posts

Back