Now Sorted

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jockey":17x2s8iq said:
Advertising in threads & private messages is strictly prohibited unless permission is given beforehand by the forum admin (Charley).

If you wish to advertise on UKW we offer banner space for companies to advertise their products and services. Please email charley ukworkshop.co.uk for more information.

Or have in excess of 2500 posts.
My understanding of the forum rules is that as long as For Sale is stated in the post title items can be offered to forum members. Reading Byrons post it seems that he is willing to accept offers outside of ebay from this forums members therefore I cannot see how this particular post could be seen as a breach of forum rules/etiquette

Cheers :D
Tony

I'm also a member on an archaeological site Byron and there used to be one there as well. 8)

Jockey":2l01wtrg said:
Gill":2l01wtrg said:
If you've got a problem with a post, Jockey, report it using the 'Report Post' button, don't raise the matter in the open forum.

:x

Gill

I did but sod alls been done about it. Seems like the select few can do as they please. Especially when the mods add to the thread.
My mod powers don't extend to this board, as you know full well. If they did, I would have acted to preserve its integrity. A little patience is required sometimes when reporting posts - they can only be acted on when a moderator logs onto the forum. In the meantime, the correct procedure is to wait, not make a public personal attack on someone. I would have made a similar comment to anyone who made a personal attack, not just you - there's nothing selective about my approach. Your criticism of the way that this forum is conducted was therefore wholly inappropriate and also unjustified.

Gill":1b3qi56e said:
My mod powers don't extend to this board, as you know full well. If they did, I would have acted to preserve its integrity. A little patience is required sometimes when reporting posts - they can only be acted on when a moderator logs onto the forum. In the meantime, the correct procedure is to wait, not make a public personal attack on someone. I would have made a similar comment to anyone who made a personal attack, not just you - there's nothing selective about my approach. Your criticism of the way that this forum is conducted was therefore wholly inappropriate and also unjustified.

Personal attack, by who and when?

Jake":3qev9q5k said:
Gill":3qev9q5k said:
If you've got a problem with a post, Jockey, report it using the 'Report Post' button, don't raise the matter in the open forum.

:x

Gill

Can I borrow your petard after you've finished with it? :D

It looks as though either the fuse has gone out or it was a dud :lol:

Jockey is a troll. He hasn't contributed a single constructive post to this forum. Just ignore him and hopefully he will go away.

Sad, lonely, pathetic, boring, dull - there are so many ways to describe people who get irate and abusive on the internet. It's a very interesting sociological study, the way people behave when they know there is no accountability for their actions.

For God's sake this is a woodwork forum! We're supposed to be the nice gentle types who like to squirrel away in their workshops with a mug of tea and radio 4! I omitted 'old' from that as this is what I do and I'm 24.

Get some perspective, honestly

Aidan

TheTiddles":1h09usy3 said:
For God's sake this is a woodwork forum! We're supposed to be the nice gentle types who like to squirrel away in their workshops with a mug of tea and radio 4! I omitted 'old' from that as this is what I do and I'm 24.

Aidan

Amen (unfortunately not to the old bit anymore :cry: )

Pete

TheTiddles":4gankv65 said:
Sad, lonely, pathetic, boring, dull - there are so many ways to describe people who get irate and abusive on the internet. It's a very interesting sociological study, the way people behave when they know there is no accountability for their actions.

Aidan

I agree whole heartedly. I prefer a nice tumbler of Southern Comfort at this time of year to tea though, it keeps from my fingers and other extremities from getting frost bite :)

Please refrain from the personal attacks and get back on topic with posts in this thread or it will have to be locked

Thanks

There is always one :cry:

Look at this :-

Jockey
Forum Newbie

and no location :?

Hope he goes away soon , and we can return to normal

If I say Wimpy , and Burger King , will I be reported as well :roll:

Hope you get a Sale soon BB

congratulations byron
it looks like you have found a buyer
or changed your mind and decided to keep all those tools 8)

Tony":38ewtyx1 said:
Please refrain from the personal attacks and get back on topic with posts in this thread or it will have to be locked

Thanks

Does that go for every one or is it just aimed at me? I can't recall making any personal attacks openly in this thread. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aye Mel, it's all sorted. I'm looking forward to a productive new year.

Jockey, your being a troll, your know it, we know it, do us all a favour and grow up.

Slim":ndz8ypun said:
Jockey is a troll. He hasn't contributed a single constructive post to this forum. Just ignore him and hopefully he will go away.

You can but hope!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

ByronBlack":22itlz6d said:
Aye Mel, it's all sorted. I'm looking forward to a productive new year.

Jockey, your being a troll, your know it, we know it, do us all a favour and grow up.

Looks like the housing association have agreed to do the repairs. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back