Now I know its spring...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Benchwayze":aacy4b1q said:
I was indulging is some irony Jon!
Well that which passes for irony in my philosophy! :lol:

Yeah, dreadful stuff. The wife thinks that I should do that now I'm 'retired' as she has to keep working. Never see the point meself, who else sees the creases on me smalls?

Well Jon,
I don't think so... The last time I tasted horse-meat was during WWII; and I wasn't really old enugh to appreciate, what I was being fed. My dear old Mum might have used horse's milk, maybe knowingly or unknowingly. (They would dry anything in these days!) Also, having eaten whale meat, well I have to say, I haven't had custard made with whale's milk either! :lol: :lol:

Whale meat again, still some spare, God knows when
It won't be "Whale meat again", some lucky day
Keep smiling through whale meat dumplings and stew
Whale burgers, too, and whale en flambé

It's been there for weeks, and the damn carcass reeks
Surely won't last too long...
But when they get one more whale in their net
I'll be singing this song, oh:

Whale meat again, going spare, lost my brain
If I eat whale meat again, I'll go insane

Whale meat being one of the things that convinced me that the Japanese have odd tastes, and Whale meat was certainly an odd taste. Yeeeuk!

Roy.

Jonzjob":3i0ym2vo said:
You will probably remember the Vera Lynn song about whale meat?

Nowt wrong with horse meat, as I said before, but SWMBO is a horse lover wot had her own horse and won't touch it :? :?

Who's Vera Lynn?

:wink:

He was the class below me! :lol:
Parodying songs was quite common in those days,....

How Dutch is that Moggy in the window

Rule two tanners, two tanners make a bob!

... plus a few lewd ones and with Hymns a frequent target.

Roy.

Digit":3hc4vg5r said:
He was the class below me! :lol:
Parodying songs was quite common in those days,....

How Dutch is that Moggy in the window

Rule two tanners, two tanners make a bob!

... plus a few lewd ones and with Hymns a frequent target.

Roy.
Now don't fib Roy.
You know you were Head Boy...
:mrgreen:

Yeah! Actually I was, and as a result I ended up being stabbed by a violent pupil

Roy.

Hmm! Not very nice Roy. :(

I was lucky. I was at a mixed gender school, and the violent types all seemed to gravitate to other schools.
I had a blast at school actually, and in addition to that it was where I discovered proper woodworking! :D

Benchwayze":2dfoenkh said:
Hmm! Not very nice Roy. :(

I was lucky. I was at a mixed gender school, and the violent types all seemed to gravitate to other schools.
I had a blast at school actually, and in addition to that it was where I discovered proper woodworking! :D

Hmmm... the subject seems to have drifted somewhat but never mind eh?

I was thrown out of woodwork at school. They wanted me to make boring bookshelves and I wanted to make racing cars.

So I had to do metalwork instead. The metal cars went much faster though so I didn't mind too much.

I was a posh kid from Upper Sydenham and the school was in Bermondsey. There were a few local lads who found us fops rather easy to bully. As far as I recall there were no stabbings though, usually just very wet heads from being dunked in the you know what :shock:

Yeah! Therebye hangs a tale. The school was in Lambourne in Berkshire and we had a well equipped woodwork shop set apart from the main buildings, and it was there that I learnt the basics.
The school entertained a number of young stable lads, away from home some were pretty nasty, but none worse than Ray F.
Ray had already been expelled once for attempting to 'bottle' a teacher but some how he was able to return. As head boy I had a number of duties outside of class and a younger lad came racing upto me, 'Ray's attacking the woodwork teacher!'
I managed to catch up with two prefects and we dashed into the building, it was long and narrow with windows all along one side, two rows of benches with an aisle between and down each side.
As we burst through the doors the teacher was circling a bench as Ray lashed at him with a chisel. I sent one lad down each of the outer aisles and walked down the middle one where Ray was.
Ray now had me in front, the teacher behind and a lad to the left and right.
Three times in my life I've attempted to talk a violent individual down, and three times I've lived to regret it, this was the first.
'Come on Ray, don't be silly, give me the chisel,' and I held my left hand out. And he did!
Straight between thumb and first finger, I still have the scar.
I was 15 and in my last year at school, 'You turnip!' was my response and I kicked him in the groin, as he folded everybody jumped on him.
I never saw him again after that, but if he has stayed out of prison I will be very surprised, he was one very violent individual.

Roy.

One of the machines we had in the woodwork shop Gordon was a 9 inch grinder used for sharpening the lathe tools, one of the stable lads forced another lads thumb against the the spinng wheel, we had a girl raped as well.
It was a pretty tough school, one teacher knocked a lad who swore at him unconscious.

Roy.

Roy,
Talking never worked for me either. That's why I usually resorted to your eventual course of action! I usually did it first though. Didn't always work mind! 8)

Gordon. Being at school isn't a million miles away from 'Spring'.. The springtime of life at least.
I used to read the 'Hotspur', and I would have given my eye teeth to have been at a school like 'Red Circle'.. Ah the things kids dream of.
Having one's head dunked didn't figure in dreams though; nightmares more like! :shock: I found out about such things when I enlisted in the RN at Ganges! Although in my case it was being made to eat soap, and having a close encounter with Cussons Imperial Leather aftershave.

As if the shave hadn't been bad enough! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm off to make myself comfy. Gonna watch 'One Flew Over...'

Back