Not for those of a nervous disposition!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9fingers

Established Member
Reaction score
If you are not into dado head cutters, please look away now!

:lol: :lol:

Like others here I have the Xcaliber table saw and the dado set they supply with it.

Some time ago using Excel spreadsheet I made two tables that greatly ease the choice of chippers and spacer shims to get a given size dado.

I keep a printout inside the case and have used it enough times to be pretty confident in its accuracy. I always cut a test piece and measure it with a vernier but I can't remember a time when I had to make any adjustment.

If anyone has the same dado set and would like a copy of the tables either as an Excel file or as a .pdf file if you don't have Excel on your computer, then please PM me a real email address and I'll happily send you the files.

HTH

Bob
:lol: :lol:

Now that's just stirring Bob! Haven't you seen the forum rules? Rule 456.5: Nobody is allowed to use the words 'd*do head cutters'. :wink:

My sip won't take them so no use for me.

Dave

That's a relief, Bob - I was expecting to read about an horrific accident!! :shock:

:wink: :)

Hi Dave,

I know many folk here don't like them and that is their free choice.

However, to me they are so easy to use and if the stock has all been correctly dimensioned they are so easy and quick to use.

Today I cut all the rails stiles and panels of a panel door in about 15 minutes including setting up.

Perfect fit and everything identical. beats fiddling around with routers anyday!

Bob

Here is a JPG version of the tables:-

Dadoheadtable.jpg

Bob

Sounds excellent to me. I know all the arguments for and against, but a dado set is on my shopping list as I know it will fit my TS. I feel it would work very well on some of the work I do.

I've managed without the dado for 7 years, a device did come with one of my ts.s but the time spent setting it up gave me the feeling that I could manage just as well another way.

Thanks for the table, I'll finally replace that piece of wood with the numbers scrawled on it that I kept in my set box.

D.

Latest posts

Back