Not a woodworker, need woodworkers help!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roytheartist

Reaction score
not sure if this will be allowed on forum rules. I have made a prototypes of a device to help people draw accurately. I would like to link up with a woodworker/carpenter in Essex who would like to help with making the items. It is an enhanced form of camera lucida (or graphic mirror). I have recently started a blog site that will be one of the ways it is promoted. I live in a small house, and do not have a workshop or even a decent shed! I had to work outside making the prototypes. It is a very simple construction, I would be able to make the neccesary, mirrors and filters.more details for anyone interested.
http://www.realtracer.com/

Hi Roy, welcome to the forum, you have to make a few posts before
you can post a link. ( i think thats right)

Hi Kevin,

Sorry about that its realtracer dot com, just a blog with a few drawings made with realtracers assistance.

Hi Roy,

Welcome to the forum. :D
You link has been caught by our spam trap, as Kevin said, once you have a few more posts this will stop happening.
Here is you link:
http://www.realtracer.com/

We have members in Essex, I am just over the boarder in Sudbury Suffolk, there may well be someone who can help you out, how about giving an area in Essex, (north or a town).

Thanks Dave ! I am in Basildon. I am hoping it would be a simple but mutually profitable little project for somebody. I want to focus on marketing and demonstrating it (because of my artistic interest)

Hi Roy, i'm not far from basildon (Chadwell St Mary) and work in Pitsea, if I can be of assitance feel free to ask.

To wander waaaaaaaay off topic.

Can I suggest to Charlie we dump the "titles" we get given through the amount of posts we put on here.

It must be intimidating to anyone looking in to see all these furniture makers, master cabinet makers etc. When in reality we are just sad people with nothing better to do than sit at a computer.

With the exception of Alf none of us deserve the description.

:D Now I feel silly! I should have realised the text was the place you usually see "forum expert" ect. So if I keep posting, I will become a master carpenter! Wow!! ;)
Bit like the guy in hospital.. "Will I be able to play the piano Doc?" (Doc) "Yes you should" (Patient) "Thats good, I couldn't before!"

However I still bet all the regular posters here have more than enough skill to make my device.

lurker":3nqds6gb said:
To wander waaaaaaaay off topic.

Can I suggest to Charlie we dump the "titles" we get given through the amount of posts we put on here.

It must be intimidating to anyone looking in to see all these furniture makers, master cabinet makers etc. When in reality we are just sad people with nothing better to do than sit at a computer.

With the exception of Alf none of us deserve the description.

You'reoly jealous that Byron has a better description than you :lol: :lol: :lol:

I should be a Master power tool buyer :lol: or maybe just a Crisp maker :(

Now that's deadly clever, a kind of peppers ghost on a stick. A re purposing of the idea, even I might be able to make a reasonable drawing with that.
Cheers Mike

Thanks Mike, yes everybody who has tried it has been surprised by how easy it is then to draw! Lot of potential. Any woodworkers want to share in this business opportunity?

My only problem with it might be looking into the wee hole on the top to see the image. Have you considered a different way of doing that at all? It just strikes me that it might be a bit uncomfortable for extended use otherwise.
Cheers Mike

Its not designed for extended use, in that you use the device to quickly produce a drawing accurately. You then use traditional shading/painting. The hole is not that small, but has to be there to maintain a fairly steady position for the eye. I am going to produce a complete tutorial dvd as part of the product, as well as video to put on google video, then embedded in my blog. You dont actually have your head in contact with the device when drawing. Incidentally, if you were looking through both eyes into a larger device (which could be done) it would be difficult as the 2 eyes would see the virtual image in a different place, so making the tracing impossible.

A very interesting re-working of a Victorian device 8) (at least the one I tried was Victorian), by encapsulating the mirror/lens you do away with the horrendous reflections it was prone too, plus it keeps the drawing the right way up something my feeble brain couldn't cope with :? .

Good on yer :eek:ccasion5:

Back