North of England Woodworking Show, Great Yorkshire Showgroun

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was planning on it, but may well be based in wales again by then; If so I shall have to see if there's anywhere affordable in harrogate* so I could make a weekend of it without sleeping in the back of my car (which is comfy enough, but definately a bit on the rough side...) Anyone else planning to make a weekend of it?

*I imagine it will be right next door to the flying pig auction mart

Going on the Sunday,if past years are anything to go by it should be a good day out and maybe just maybe swmbo can be persuaded that I really do need that morticer that I have been dropping hints about.

I'll probably go on the Saturday. I went once before, maybe 10 years ago or more. CMT Tools sent me a complimentary/guest ticket that year. I also won a prize in the raffle so all in all it was a grand day out.

I'll be there. Do come and say hi on our stand!!! We've got some gifts for anyone who takes out a sub or renews!!!! It's a nice show, and under new management this year, so it will be interesting to see if there've been any changes.

Nick

billybuntus":11uoqm74 said:
Went last year. Was ok at best for me. Far too much wood turning.

It's a strange show. I'm fond of it. It has a really good atmosphere, but doesn't always deliver as much as you'd hope. It would be good to see more furniture making.

Nick

I've been a few times but I cant remember if Record Power have a stand there. If they do, I'm after a scroll saw.

Do these companies give good discounts at these shows or am I expected to pay the website price still?

They are normally there. Don't know if they have special deals this year, but you will probably save on delivery so you ought to be able to get things a bit cheaper. Give them a call on 01246 561520 to find out. They are usually very helpful, and have a great reputation for customer care.

Yep I'll be there on the Friday.

First-Bowl.jpg

Tinbasher":33pom42t said:
Yep I'll be there on the Friday.

First-Bowl.jpg

is that the Sorby proedge in the background? how do you find it? I'm about to spend £300 on one so thought I'd ask.

We tested the ProEdge a few years ago and were impressed. It rather depends if you want a hollow grind for turning or not. Personally I think turning tools need a hollow grind, which you don't get with the ProEdge, but plenty of people prefer a flat bevel on turning tools. I like a flat bevel on carving tools and chisels and plane irons.

Cheers

Nick

Lee J":1zadqveu said:
I've been a few times but I cant remember if Record Power have a stand there. If they do, I'm after a scroll saw.

Do these companies give good discounts at these shows or am I expected to pay the website price still?

Record Power are on the list of exhibitors though you would need to phone beforehand to ask if they are taking any scrollsaws.
I think you need to treat the show as an interesting day out and go prepared with the best on line prices just in case you find a bargain.

Bob

i will be going on the saturday
looking forward to it. 1st time at the show for me ion my own so can take as much time as needed to watch all the demos and peruse the gear on sale

Do come and say hello at British Woodworking! We've some giveaways if you take out a sub or renew. And we could have a chat, anyway.

Nick

Latest posts

Back