norm!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodbutcher

Established Member
Reaction score
hi all

norm was on the box this morning on discovery realtime making chairs i don't know if this is a permanent thing though!

woodbutcher

Typical they start this when I go back to work! I also don't understand why the only decent programs on that channel are shown before breakfast! Everything else is repeated at least once in the same day.

woodbutcher":ewwowtvz said:
don't know if this is a permanent thing though!

Probably not,

They just put a few programs on now and again but are really just repeating the same ones all the time.

I never thought I would ever say this but there comes a time when even Norm's programs can become a bit boring having seen them so many times.

Wouldn't mind having a go at that chair he made this morning though.

regards

Brian

He was also on the other night making the Bermuda chest. Looks like it ws just a fill in program or something. I am getting sick and tired of seeing the same programs time and time again though. If I watch Tommy Walsh build that Eco house once more I shall throw something at the screen! :twisted: I was even thinking of repeating last years TV licence due to all these repeats. :D :lol:

mailee":24z2ldvl said:
I was even thinking of repeating last years TV licence due to all these repeats. :D :lol:

Mmmmm - if only eh...

There's a new one started - or at least I haven't seen it before, on Thursday evening at 9:00 about green building. It's got Tommy in it too so I don't know if it will be any good.

One of the beauties of Sky+ is that you can set these programs to record and watch them at your leisure. If they then turn out to be rubbish, you haven't scheduled any of your valuable time to be wasted.

I must find something else to do rather than all this daytime TV while I'm laid up :(

regards

Brian

That new Tommy Walsh thing is a US programme with him over dubbing the commentary. He did it with the series 'Flip that House' which was a Property Ladder type show. Not sure what the thinking is there. It's as if we can't understand 'American', so get Tommy to translate! :roll: :evil:

I think I watched about one & a half programmes of 'Flip That House'. I didn't enjoy it at all, I felt the voice over was completely unnecessary.

I've set the 'Green' programme to record so I can hit the delete key if I don't like it.

A lot of the programmes seem to repeat themselves a lot, I watched some of John Revell last week when he was restoring a house, I think it was called 'The House that John Rebuilt' and the programme was okay for the most part, but there was a lot of repetition on there.

regards

Brian

I havent had the dicovery channels for about 5 years now. I taped NYW and this old house when I had it tho and regularly watch about 150 hrs of VT in my work shop as backgound TV :)

Yes it was nice to see Norm back on the fishing channel :norm:
Pity it was that episode where he spends most of it upholstering.

This Old House seems to be on early morning, I saw one the other day where Norm was screeding a wet room floor :shock: Seemed to make a nice job of it. It always seems to be the project house in Concorde series though, with that architect was the odd name (Jerimiah something)

The House John Rebuilt was good the first time, but its got a bit boring now for the nth repeat. Hate the bits where his missus goes to some shop to choose expensive bespoke tiles/Aga's/toilets.

Always liked that Trading Places that Tommy Walsh did where he tried out traditional crafts like brick making and stone masonery

mailee":2oytrep6 said:
He was also on the other night making the Bermuda chest. Looks like it ws just a fill in program or something. I am getting sick and tired of seeing the same programs time and time again though. If I watch Tommy Walsh build that Eco house once more I shall throw something at the screen! :twisted: I was even thinking of repeating last years TV licence due to all these repeats. :D :lol:

I agree entirely, I also happened to channel hop onto the Bermuda chest episode (Which of course I have seen at least twice before :roll: )

They are just fooling around, wish they would cough up some dosh for the newer series which to my knowledge have never been aired on Discovery Real Time.

Bravo are just as bad, last week SWMBO was watching one of her favorites on Tuesday night which was a two-parter with the second part due on Wednesday - Of course they broadcast a completely different episode on Wed. :x :x :x :roll: :roll: :roll:

Latest posts

Back