Nokia 6233

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Anybody using one of these? Just wondering about battery life.

TIA

Noel

Yeah i have had one for about a month now, no problems with battery life. Seems to last a long while.

Just got one before Christmas as an upgrade for the works phone - had to turn screensaver and Orange screen off to stop the damn thing lighting up every two minutes.
Battery life is a lot better now though (4-5 days permanently on,with calls,instead of the 2-3 days I was getting before)

Andrew

I have had the 6233 for a month now, it has replaced my aging 6310i.

The battery life is about 3-4 days permanently on and little use.
..That is less than half compared with the life of my old phone.

On the plus side, it was easy to upgrade my nokia handsfree kit by replacing just the control unit and phone wire plus swapping the cradle.
The radio mute still works :)

Carlsberg

carlsberg":1aa1d51p said:
it has replaced my aging 6310i.

Ahh the 6310i... the best phone I ever had. Great quality unbelievable battery life - once took mine to the US for a week and forgot the charger. Only started complaining as I returned to Heathrow after a week of calls and permanent standby and use as my alarm clock - happy days!

From that to a ridiculous Blackberry with 99,001 useless functions, rubbish sound quality and a battery life measures in hours not days ](*,) - such is progress!!!

Sorry :? got a bit nostalgic there.

Yes,the 6310 series was (and is) a damn fine phone. I've had 5 or 6 of them. Good memory and it could work 7 days 24/7 without a battery peep out of it, as has been said. My current one has had a hard life and I need something with a speaker facility on it. Tried a couple of Sony Ericssons, great looking phones but don't like the menu navigation. Think I'll stick to Nokia but which one?

Noel,

Like you I have had lots of Nokia 6310i, even more replacement covers!!

According to Nokia the 6230 and now the 6233 are the replacement for the old model.

I have spent a few weeks asking friends and comparing different Nokia models on the web, and the 6233 comes out on top everytime.

Like yourself, I find it difficult to use other brands of mobile phone.

I must say I am happy with the 6233. The keyboard on it is very good for typing texts, the display is very clear with the option to increase the font sizes. Also the speaker facility is very loud and clear.

Once you get used to charging the thing up every day, it is good phone.

Carlsberg

Back