No words!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
transatlantic":3am6t1cs said:
It's dangerous and I would not want to try it, but I don't think it's thaaaaaat bad.

I mean assuming he was doing the same thing with a router table, I don't think people would be as bothered.

Agreed. There is only a small amount of cutter exposed and the bearing offers a little more protection. The metal has no grain to risk a catch. I certainly would not do it with wood.
Sometimes you just have to get on and do stuff.

I wrote a feedback to youtube where I pointed out that he is promoting an utterly dangerous practise and said that the film should be removed.
Signed it will my full name and my title "professional carpenter and joiner"

If the router was propely fixed in some way I would have let it pass. I am not a safety police and think people should be allowed to carry out their stupidities at their own risk. Sometimes I do stupid things too.
Promoting stupid things in public is a very different matter. I don't like when people do that.

I was appalled by this video, how bloody stupid can you be...

This afternoon, ripping down some 4x2 to 3x2 on my trusty old Elu, I didn't bother with the kerf guide, only a short rip, why bother. Then decided to crosscut to length, so flip the saw over and... accidentally hit the on switch...

Had I been picking the whole thing up to put it away and not simply flipping it over, I would have gutted myself as the blade would have been to my belly.

Shook me up a bit to think that at 64 I can still do something so stupid, all I had to do was unplug it as normal.

I mean, how bloody stupid was that!

Not a lot. An unsecured router laying on its side being used to stick a rounded edge (with a bearing guided cutter) on some small (2" ish) round ally parts.

Pretty dodgy from a tips of your fingers point of view but not the worst thing you've seen happen.
I don't know why people think other folk don't do stupid things, it's human nature...

No skills":ixtxbi5o said:
but not the worst thing you've seen happen.
I don't know why people think other folk don't do stupid things, it's human nature...

It may be human nature and I don't care what the bloke does if he's that stupid but don't put it on Youtube as someone just starting out could copy the silly person!...

Kind of like the video of that guy who wanted to demonstrate the danger of binding on a table saw, and almost chopped his fingers off...

MattRoberts":2vkmf30a said:
Kind of like the video of that guy who wanted to demonstrate the danger of binding on a table saw, and almost chopped his fingers off...

If I was him, I wouldn't be able to get that out of my head. It would be the last thing I think about each night before going to sleep. :)

Latest posts

Back