No.3 resto

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtt.tr

Established Member
Reaction score
Well im have started restoring a no.3 and no.110 (will become an infill) but what is the best way to remove the japaning as i will repaint it

nice, I just won a no 110.. So I am going to turn it or my no 220 into an infill. Also won a crappy no name (in desc anyway) plane especially as an infill project.

I'm testing the "cold Japanning" as suggested by Derek in Australia earlier...will let you know how it goes...

I personally like the satin black of the HT paint on Edd's restoration.

Jim

jimi43":3c5xikmk said:
I personally like the satin black of the HT paint on Edd's restoration.

Jim

Me too, as he's done one heck of a nice job.

I've only just found what I hope may prove a good source of legitimate stoving enamel - available in gloss, satin and matt and should be experimenting with it once it lands in a few days time. :)

A No110 converted to an infill plane?! Ok, please do tell me more! I have three 110's, two stanleys and one unknown make, obviously one of them is in use, so theres two going spare. I was gonna chope the front off one, back to the blade opening and use it as a rebate plane of sorts.

CroppyBoy1798":pg96v3j0 said:
A No110 converted to an infill plane?! Ok, please do tell me more! I have three 110's, two stanleys and one unknown make, obviously one of them is in use, so theres two going spare. I was gonna chope the front off one, back to the blade opening and use it as a rebate plane of sorts.

I have made the front handle have to make the frog then a cap

mtt.tr":h8a5l9ru said:
I have made the front handle have to make the frog then a cap

If you could throw up a few pics at some stage that'd be great, would love to see this one and have a go at making one myself, just have no idea on how to go about it at the moment 8)

Back