Nidd Valley timber yard?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TobyB

Established Member
Reaction score
I've driven past the timber yard at Dacre Bank west of Harrogate, but never stopped. Googling them finds a whole lot of "business directory" sort of entries, but no web site etc. They aren't listed in the map of timber merchants in this forum.

Has anyone sourced much from them? I'm a hobby turner and furniture maker interested in native hardwoods in non-commercial quantities and the sort of chunks of timber good for turning that aren't of any "commercial timber" use. Are they helpful, and do they have good stuff at reasonable prices? I've found British Hardwoods outside Keithley MUCH better than John Boddy's for furniture planks, but wondered about Nidd Valley?

A mate of mine used to use them quite a lot to source Sycamore for smaller projects like chopping boards and treen. He recommended them to me but I've never called myself- he says they're very helpful and buying just a single 6ft board is no problem at all. Not sure about other species but I think they have air dried natives.
Cheers John

Back